RalphQ

What happened to all the pressure washing forums?

Question

Hi. I have been on pressure washing forums for over 20 years. I started out on the old delco board when it was just a very long thread. There was so much activity and so many people posting all the time. I really loved to interact on the forums and learn and bounce things off of fellow contractors. In the past few years the forums have really started to wain and less and less people are posting. I know the answer. Everyone is on facebook. Their are tons of groups and a lot of the people that used to post on the forums, are now regulars on the facebook groups, myself included. I for one am not really that thrilled with this development. If you are somebody that came up using the forums, facebook can be a nasty place sometimes. I have decided to start posting on forums again and try to get off of facebook. Maybe other people will get sick of the BS and follow suit.

Also Beth. Since I was last here I changed the name of my company. Can you tell me how to change that in my profile?   

Edited by RalphQ

6 answers to this question

I totally agree with RalphQ. I love the forums and miss all the activity, especially the input from all the very experienced folks when someone has a question. especially like being able to search the archives for the older nuggets of info when needed.

I despise the social networks and only use them to advertise my business, staying away from them otherwise. 

Maybe some will get tired of the networks and come back to the forums....sure would be nice.

Edited by AtlasNC

Yes, there has been a trend in facebook posting.
We found it hard to find anything once it passed in the feed and was
unsearchable.

To change your go into the drop down as you hover over your name,
Go to account settings
once in, you will see 'other settings'
Go to 'edit profile' and you should be able to
make your changes.

If you still have any problems, contact us in a private message and Beth
can go directly in to make the change for you.

Rod

Shame about FB taking over.
There are no archival resources there.

No way to search for a topic, search for a response from another thread. Nothing.
Personally, I think it a waste.
People used to complain about new posters coming on and asking the same old questions
on the BBS's, now on FB they oblige for some reason as if it never was a problem.

Rod

I think Face Book just makes life easier for the user. Every time there's a post in a thread that you posted in your mobile phone starts beeping away. Kind of like Drama, it just make for a interesting day. If they could only get forums to do the we would be back in the game

Actually, there are settings that you can set yourself up to receive
 alerts and notifications on this bbs in particular.

Most people have them turned off from when they registered because it would flood their email.
Now, people don't mind because it isn't actually email but it is a message none the less. I guess
the form of it makes some kind of difference.
idk, potato/potahto

:)

Rod