I am looking at a new surface cleaner. I have the brand and size picked out, but it has 4 castersfor it's motion.

I have read that people have problems with them and generally dislike them. Is this the casters in general, or do they just get in the way near walls and corners?

Consider one that hovers. You don't have to have casters. Let me know if you want pricing. We'll have theem online soon.

Beth :)

p.s. please post your city and state in your profile. :) we're all friends around here.

if you are talking a about a FURY system you need to use the surface cleaner specificly for the FURY.

Did you see the used one for sale on Delco's BBS?

If your talking about the yellow whisper wash one the castors are crap.

What type of work are you going after with a FURY

They are big $$$$$$ and unless i had a specific type cleaning job that would pay for it, i would'nt get one.

16" is small and takes a lot of time compared to a 28" big guy.

I don't use the Fury system, I use the Vacuboom and a regular surface cleaner.

From what I hear all those extra hoses slow you down, cannot say for sure as never tested one but would be nice, your looking at around $10,000 or up for the Fury.

Also never used a surface cleaner with 4 casters or a hover type.

I like the Whisper Wash Big Guy and also the Steel Eagle 24in.

They both have pluses and minus to them.

A plus for Big Guy, it is higher off the ground so can do the driveways without the spinner bar hitting it, Steel Eagle is much lower and it scrapes if on even the slightest incline/decline.

How I use the Vacuboom, lower point where water runs off is where it vac pickup tube(s) are setup. Pumps to reclaim tank, though the filters then back to 135 gallon tank to be reused.

Back to casters, lately I have been reading a lot of people having problems with them, my Big Guy took 4 plus years of abuse and never had one problem with the front caster.

Jon

I am looking at a new surface cleaner. I have the brand and size picked out, but it has 4 castersfor it's motion.

I have read that people have problems with them and generally dislike them. Is this the casters in general, or do they just get in the way near walls and corners?

I can't speak for anyone else but I only use casters. Yes they do require a little maint. But for me the pro's outweigh the cons. On a side note, I replace the factory casters with after market after they wear out. Don't know why but manufacturers use cheap wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have only used the whisper washer version until I bought a second unit which has casters.
They are ok but I don't care for the way they  get stuck in transition when you change directions.
Did it since it was new.

Rod

We have only used the whisper washer version until I bought a second unit which has casters.

They are ok but I don't care for the way they get stuck in transition when you change directions.

Did it since it was new.

Rod

Rinse the ball bearings out with a lot of water, then spray wd 40. Then light oil. I do it when I finish using it. Takes 5 minutes. Won't stick any more.

Rinse the ball bearings out with a lot of water, then spray wd 40. Then light oil. I do it when I finish using it. Takes 5 minutes. Won't stick any more.

Problem is, it had this problem before I ever hooked it up to a pw'er.

Some casters are made of bearings that are not exactly sized to fill the entire bearing route and there are spaces.

When this is present, they tend to bind as the caster turns until they all line up.

Rod