Sign in to follow this  
PowerPlay

2nd Truck BEFORE Pics

Just got our 2nd truck. Here are some before pics. I have several ideas on how to set this little guy up for both equipment and image. I would like it to be easily open or covered bed.

Picked it up because of the great gas mileage it gets, so far I'm getting 17-18 cruising it around. We will use this truck for the jobs that are farther away, making us more competitive with the local guys in those areas.

It's a 96 4cy turbo diesel with 114k miles on it. I got it for 6200, do you think that is a good deal?

If this was your truck, how would you set it up?

Any ideas?

Thanks

post-559-13777218093_thumb.jpg

post-559-137772181138_thumb.jpg

Stainless Steel Flatbed...

I sure like the way that sounds.

I like box trucks because it freezes where I am, and I don't dig winterizing after a day's work. If you go the flatbed route, just be sure you have a good way to secure EVERYTHING. A buddy of mine just got hit with a weedwhacker on the freeway. He was on an antique Ariel motorcycle at the time, and the whacker bounced off a lawnservice trailer.

The lawn guy never knew it happened, and never stopped. My bud is scratched up, but the Ariel is toast. It sure could have been worse, but I would hate to do that to somebody.

As for set-up, search the flatbed trailer rigs here, and see what will work for your methods and equipment. I'd be especially careful not to overload one or the other axle, and I'd try to keep the profile low, since the deck is a bit higher than the average trailer.

Good luck, and have fun with the new money-maker!:lgmoneyey