Sign in to follow this  
rservices

PW leaking gas

I've got a small kartcher 2700 psi, 3.2 gpm (robins motor) gas unit. I have had it for a few years and worked ok. I just do a little flat work around restaurants.

It started dripping gas a few months ago (rarely use it) but the other day the leak became real steady almost a stream, from the back of the unit. It drips down from what appears to be a bubble or glass float housing under the motor.

I was going to hold off buying a replacement for it this year, any suggestions of what mite be wrong and how to fix. Te last time I had it services it took 3 weeks, and I'll need it next week

thanks

Is the motor starving for fuel of dying while this is happening? My best advice would be to drain the gas tank, pull it off, and clean it out. You could possibly have debris in there which is leading to a clog elsewhere. Then check out the carburetor. Make sure there is no garbage floating around in there and then clean out the fuel lines. It’s no big deal, these engines are very simple and straight forward in there situation.

The glass "bubble" is a sediment bowl designed to trap crud that is headed for your carburetor. It has probably either shrunk up or cracked...either way it needs to be replaced. If you don't have a local Robin dealer handy, let me know and I'll hook ya up.