Sign in to follow this  
MichiganPowerWashing.com

WOW - ad from local Craigslist ...........

Question

POWER WASHING SERVICE

Reply to: serv-397710166@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-08-15, 1:24PM EDT

HOMES 1000SQ FT $35.00 $5.00 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL 100SQ FT ALSO DECKS AND DRIVEWAYS CALL FOR AN ESTIMATE 313-670-2664 ASK FOR MARK.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 397710166

15 answers to this question

We are in an business that attracts losers. Dregg's List attracts the losers of all losers. If this guy is in your area, call him. Three and a half cents per s/f to wash a house? He is lowballing the $99 guys. It never ends in a price war until the service is so whored out there is nothing left to salvage.

Around boston - guys advertize painting rooms for $150. A gallon of ceiling paint is $20, gallon of semigloss is $35, two gallons of wall paint is another $50 - so already you have $105 in materials! But then again - I'd say that customers that go to Craig's list are the epitome of cheap tire kickers. First lesson in marketing - if you want good paying customers, don't advertize in Craigslist!

The only real reason to advertise in Craigs List is to build high rank back links to your site (if they even count). At the very least, you will hit the first page of local Google search with more hits. Several people have told me they called me because I was "all over the internet".

This is my last ad.. Deck Cleaning and Staining by Pros not painters or handymen

Like I mentioned, I do it for back links.. within a day this was on the first page of google for local searches of pressure washing, deck cleaning, deck staining etc.. I don't spend a ton of time on them but maybe I should. Do you have an example I can check out?

It seems that CL works for some, if their ads are professional looking. At the MI RT Don M gave a testimonial of what he learned and applied from the STL RT, he said he did $7,000 from his CL ads, that's not bad for free advertising.

On the other hand, my professional looking ads have never even yeiled a call. All I seem to get is spammed by fake banks and fake IRS scams.

Need to get some sales stuff and more html font and bullet stuff that Ken uses into mine. Mine too generic as a direct hire me type pitch..

If your in a busy market with lots of painters and handymen then it seems important to take it up a notch. Just a few pic alone likely makes big difference.

I do 3 versions spread out in different sections. Ya got to constantly renew them and overlap them towards the end of their run.