Sign in to follow this  
dpaull

Need help with quickbooks...

Anyone else tried emailing some estimates out today with quickbooks? It isn't working for me, although it worked in the past.

Is there any way to create a .pdf file directly from the program and send that through my own email?

--

I have QuickBooks Simple Start 2007 (the $99 dollar one)

Thanks.

David - there are several freeware pdf printing programs out there (ie: pdf995). Just find one, install it and when you go to print the invoice from QB, you will have an option of which printer to choose. Your new pdf program will be listed as a "printer". When you print to the program it will create an adobe pdf file that you name and put it where you choose. I hope that makes sense...I'm terrible at explaining things like this.

- John

Sweet thanks guys...I got one made up. Strange quickbooks wasn't working. So much for the 30 days support and the guarantee that they'll call you back in a half-hour... I spend $99 on the product and 5 hours later no call lol...Thank God for helpful people on message boards.

I dunno about that. I know that I used the Free edition for a long time and it worked perfectly. As soon as I purchased the product, it stopped working.

You mean to tell me I purchased quickbooks, and now my email capabilities are going to run out?

The program is so complicated anyway...worst $99 I spent. I was better off keeping track of everything in a notepad and printing invoices from office as .doc's, at least I knew where to look for stuff.

The quick start is really easy to navigate. I upgraded to Pro this year and I am lost.

I dunno about that. I know that I used the Free edition for a long time and it worked perfectly. As soon as I purchased the product, it stopped working.

You mean to tell me I purchased quickbooks, and now my email capabilities are going to run out?

The program is so complicated anyway...worst $99 I spent. I was better off keeping track of everything in a notepad and printing invoices from office as .doc's, at least I knew where to look for stuff.

Emailing estimates and invoices from qb is one of my favorite things about it, no paper, easy to refer to and track, and customers really seem to appreciate the ease and professionalism of it, if they're computer savvy. It's really nice when someone calls back a year or two later and all of their info is linked together for easy reference. All I can think of to help is to check your company info and make sure it matches your computer's home account? I've never had a problem but has been a few years since I set it up. There are a lot of public IT type people in my area who are qb certified and have answered some of my simple questions free of charge. Good luck!