Sign in to follow this  
dpaull

Anyone really business savvy?

I may need to talk to my accountant...not sure...

Anyway, I'm not digging my business name anymore, DP Pro Wash. I'd like to start a new company, but I've purchased thousands of dollars of misc. equipment...not sure how that works. Can DP Pro Wash sell that to my new company for the exact amount it would take to "break even" on the books and have 0 income, and 0 loss?

Obviously this sucks for me as I have business cards, T-shirts, vinyl signs, advertisements, and a bunch of other stuff going already like a domain name, etc.

My phone number will be the same, so my customers will be able to get ahold of me still.

Technically DP Pro Wash has only existed for about 7 months now so it's not like I'd be losing a whole lot of "built up credit" or anything, right?

--

I plan on going into the asphalt and concrete industry...and using a "bigger sounding" name ... I just worry about people wondering why the hell they're getting asphalt done or concrete poured by "DP Pro Wash" -- kind of just seems like you wouldn't want "Joe's Heating and Cooling" to come and paint your house or something...

And no offense but people around here just don't take pressure washing seriously. 90% of my gross income has been through other work that I've noticed is in need in my area along the way.

That make sense to anyone?

Any advice, knowledge, or anything would be appreciated.

Oh and by the way, I don't want anyone to think DP Pro Wash was a failure or that my planning or implementation failed in any way. I originally wanted to get going, see what's out there, offer as many different services as possible, keep my attention to detail higher than the competition, with the best customer service possible, which I have done without a doubt. Then I wanted to re-group and specialize in a specific area or field...and the time has come, well for next spring anyway, and it just so happens to require a name change if I want to be on top of the game.

Do search for dp, you might find a good reason to drop the dp part of your name.

That double penetration pressure washing. Ya I'm sure a search brings up some nasty stuff. Not something you want your ustomers to see while searching for you