Sign in to follow this  
douseahouse

e z off from sunbrite?

Question

i'm doing my 2nd deck in a week which is rare for me as i usually only do about 2 a year. last week i used bob's f-18. this deck was not stained but i think it may have had some sealant in it. it had turned a grey color but the f-18 and f-8 brought it back to life. i bought some e z off from sunbrite in the past but have never put it to use. has anyone already compared these two products or just the e z off itself? if anyone is up late tonight please chirp in as tomorrow is "d" day. thanks gang.

rando

3 answers to this question

we were fortunate enough to test the new stripper/cleaners that sunbrite came out with last year. we liked them all, but pretty much just use the 'rip it' product. it strips everything really well, including acrylics. it is probably overkill on some projects, but it is just easier to have one product on hand instead of three for different scenarios.

make sure you are using the 'wood britener' (their spelling, not mine) after stripping/cleaning. you probably already know, you just didn't mention it.

don't know if you're still around aaron but here's another question. this deck has no stain and i cannot tell if it has a sealant or not. so if you are using the rip it to just clean the deck then what mix ratio are you using? thanks for your help.

rando

again, to make it easier for my guys, i usually just have them use the same concentration for any application. my guys cost me ~$20-$25 hour, the bottle of product doesn't. if they are goofing around for a half hour trying to figure out a better mixture so they don't have to use as much product, they are costing me more than just using more product.

now, if i was doing it, or you are doing it yourself, then the bottle has directions that apply to each application. or, you could experiment in the field.

hope that helps.