Sign in to follow this  
tunatussle

Soda blast boat hull

Question

4 answers to this question

I have never soda blasted a boat hull before, but I can tell you that I go through roughly 800 pounds on a car at .50 a pound cost plus labor. A typical car will run around 1000, to 1200. I would have to put your boat at around 2500 to 3000 with labor.

Give me a call @ 800-901-Gale(4253)

I soda blasted 2 boats this week with 2 more to go. Your boat can be stripped leaving a surface that is ready for new paint application. It will not hurt the GelCoat.

My company soda blasts over 60 boats per year from 19' to over 60'. We use only The Soda Works brand of equipment for efficiency and Natrium 300 soda blast media for speed. We use Natrium 260 on everything else.

800 lbs. to do a car is WAY too much soda and un-profitable. Our typical flow rates are 50 lbs. per hour and sometimes less depending on the coating.

Call me with any questions - Stacey 410-271-2652

Chesapeake Soda Clean - Soda Blasting

hey Stacey nice to have you here I have checked out your site before, very nice! As far as the 800# goes, we also average less than 50# /hr. however a typical frame off resto with rust has taken us 2 days before just assuming 8 hr days gives us that 16 bag total. we use the natrium 260 which is a great soda pure. Not all cars are like that for us a simple outside strip will only take 4-6 hrs. But like I said we've never done boat hulls, I found its a much different paint that comes out like a snap. We just did a 20' for 650 took 2 hrs. Nice to have you aboard.