Sign in to follow this  
Sparkleman

Asking for your vote!

Hello everyone! I wanted to announce that i will be running for a BOD position "Director" for the IWCA for this upcoming year.

Its a 3 year commitment 2008-2011 my main focus is to help strengthen the route/residential side of our industry as well as contribute to the ever-growing concern & awareness of Fabricating Debris (which is a real pet peeve of mine)

So...im determined & asking for your vote! I'd greatly appreciate your consideration.

Craig,

While we are not members, we wish you the best. I have had the pleasure of working along side of the IWCA when I worked on PWNA tasks several years back. Great group of very focused folks. I'm sure you will do well! Best of luck!

Beth

Beth...appreciate that support,it means alot coming from you! Yes..they are a fine organization proud to be a part of it. Mathew...the IWCA is the International Window Cleaning Association. Im running for the position of Director.

Unfortunately...you have to be a member in "good standing" in order to cast a vote.I however do appreciate all the kudo's & good luck wishes,especially from both you "Beth & Rod!

To answer the question about fabricating debris that is basically a term used with regards to how the glass is fabricated.You see all glass is annealed from there the edges are diamond ground or belt sanded this process makes glass dust also known as "glass fines" after this (if the glass is to be tempered or heat strengthened) it goes into a glass washer to remove a majority of the fines if...the washer is not properly maintained these glass fines remain on the glass now...it goes into a tempering furnace at 1150 degrees these fines actually get fused into the glass.

Invisible to the naked eye so...during a construction phase various amounts of construction debris get on the glass or..even if its kept "SUPER CLEAN" throughout the phase of construction if..a scraper is taken to this poor quality heat treated glass the result is superficial scratches known as fabricating debris.

MANY WC'ing companies have and are still losing ther livlihood as a result of this. My concern is getting & keeping these "offending fabricators" responsible for the products they produce. You see not all fabricators are putting out crappy glass also known as "Itchy" (just waiting to be scratched) so...its a fight im all for and WILL NOT rest until!