Sign in to follow this  
spbutton

Service Industry Research Project

Hey Folks

I was rooting around some of my old University work and came across a Research Project that I had done for Membership Retention within the Health, Fitness & Leisure Club Sector of the Leisure Industry in the UK.

Although not specific to the Pressure Cleaning industry there are some ideas and concepts that apply to the service industry as a whole.

Read "Customer Retention" instead of Membership Retention... the Nature of Service section may be applicable to service providers.

If my Research Project is not applicable for this section or board, I will not be offended if it is removed... just hoping to initiate thought or discussion.

regards

Steven Button

!Research Project!.pdf

Hey Ken

what's your involvement in the leisure industry?

I've worn many hats; as a coach I taught athletics, badminton, rugby, soccer to 3 year olds right through to adults, young offenders and those with special needs... I really enjoyed coaching, smiling faces was the motivation!!!

In the health and fitness club side of things, I was a Pool Plant Operator (although this was part of my role within both of the clubs I worked at), Body Max instructor (basically a resistance training class to music... no leotards!!), Personal Trainer and was a Club Supervisor and later a Duty Manager of a 120,000 sq.ft facility. I really enjoyed the leisure industry, but the opportunities in the West of Scotland were few and far between.

I would love to coach again over here, just haven't got round to finding out more about it!