Sign in to follow this  
Randy

Walk Behind Water Jet Recommendations

Currently have a Landa 3000 psi 5 gal/min. pressure washer with Landa 20" water jet -- leaves streaks on sidewalks. Have used 16" of another brand (no longer manufactured) which did a much better job. Any recommendations? Thanks

Actually, The Landa Water Jet came with an adjustment guide that allowed you to properly adjust the nozzles.

I used to use a Water Jet and thought it was great...until I tried a Big Guy. What a difference! Not just because it is bigger (24") - I could actually move faster. I initially replaced the WJ with a 24" Steel Eagle (which I though was great) and replaced the SE with a BG last year. I have had numerous other surface cleaners (casters as well as floating) and, by far, the Big Guy out-performs them - and is much less "finicky". It just works.

I had the same problem, turned out to be clogged nozzle. Laying the hose down when changing between gun and surface cleaner allowed a little dirt to get in the hose then blocked one of the nozzles. Took off the nozzle, cleaned out debris, shazam no more streaks!

I just got a 16" steel eagle the other day and waas playing around with it. Keep in mind this is my first time using one of these.. It felt like I was trying to hold down a helicopter.. much faster then a wand. It will take some getting used to. I cant make adjustments to the angle but it would be nice if I could

I just got a 16" steel eagle the other day and was playing around with it. Keep in mind this is my first time using one of these.. It felt like I was trying to hold down a helicopter.. much faster then a wand. It will take some getting used to. I cant make adjustments to the angle but it would be nice if I could

Sounds like you have too much machine for your 16". One way to get around the hover craft effect is to change out the tips to fit your psi/gpm.

I have a 4000psi/4gpm and I was using 2.5 tips. Today I put on a set of 3's and I think that will make a difference.

Now that I think about it, I could put on a set of 2's and ride it around like a skate board, LOL

My little 20" cleaner started making the dreaded stripes and finally died out on me.............culprit was the inline high pressure filter. Nozzles were clean.

Just something else to check if you have it. For the rest of that job, i ran without the filter but replaced it shortly there after.

i've learned that the streaks are not always the area that you missed or went too fast over. streaks are also caused by too much overlapping and one area getting cleaner than another. there was a thread on this in the past so a search may reveal some new answers.

rando