Sign in to follow this  
4000psi

New Brick wash.

If no acid, what specifically are you cleaning off? If you had exceptionally neat masons and there are no tags or smears, just cleaning mud, just wash it but in order to get tags, smears, or red Carolina clay stains......you're going to need acid.

Who is saying no acid?

Celeste

The builder said being a school area I can't use an acid cleaner. Never done construction cleanup so I really don't know much about it.

Dane,

I've only had 1 new construction job, although it was a rather large office. I would ask the builder what he recommends you use, make him do the research if he's got a better idea. Water isn't going to take off mortar tags. I don't see the big deal with schools and using an acid cleaner.

Dane, there are acids that are safe.....we did a church area that housed an afterschool program with no problem Now, with that said, you can't wash with kids running around but you shouldn't be washing with anything if there are people around anyway.

Give Roger a call if you want 336-516-6139 He can give you tips and information on bidding and doing the job.

Celeste

Got to take a look at a new construction (brick) at a high school. I need a non-acid chem.

Dane

If you have never done this I would walk away. I have done a handful of schools with acid based products.

If the person continues with the "no acid" statement, offer to neutralize the acid once you're done.

Dilution with water will go a long way, but by spraying a mixture of baking soda and water or vinegar and water you should be able to neutralize the acid, right? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

check in your area to see if someone has this experiance and split the job with him to learn never going to learn if you don't try