Sign in to follow this  
rservices

restaurant grout cleaning

I go a lot of re-grouting and tile replacement in kitchens. can anyone recommend an effective method to cleaning restaurant kitchen grout.

I only have a cold unit, and I would rather not buy a hot unit at this time.

To do without a reclaim/vac system on a pressure washer surface cleaner I recommend using a low speed swing machine/wetvac or autoscrubbers equiped with a brush type driver. Example would be a Stratagrit brand brush.. they replace the pad driver normally meant to drive floor scrub pads.

For basic grease any good degreaser and hot water should suffice. My preferance is tsp (tri sodium phosphate) for to get a really grease free situation.

If the grout is more impacted with the dark hard glaze type grime then I soak with a mix of differing acids like glycolic and phosphoric as well as some surfactants. CLR would be such example. Sodium metasilicate products are good for concrete and grout too.

Many things could leave a film on a floor if you have it mixed too strong or don't rinse. I prefure a totally rinsed and totally degreased floor. Without scrub machinery the tsp, a deck drush, and a wet vac can make for a nice floor. Used to do it nightly that way at grease pits many years ago. After wet vacuuming always run a clean bucket of water and mop.