Sign in to follow this  
dlech1825

joe walters wants me to pay!!

Question

OK here we go MY insurance is paid up for the year,now I get a statement of account in the mail from joe its a POLICY FEE INVOICE FOR 75.00$ I CALL THEM THE THEY TELL ME ITS A FEE FOR THEM JUST TO DO THERE JOB!

need I tell were I told them to put there fee

26 answers to this question

OK here we go MY insurance is paid up for the year,now I get a statement of account in the mail from joe its a POLICY FEE INVOICE FOR 75.00$ I CALL THEM THE THEY TELL ME ITS A FEE FOR THEM JUST TO DO THERE JOB!

need I tell were I told them to put there fee

Everyone pays the policy fee...its for the work they do on writing the policy and arranging all the paperwork.....

Assuming they work like every other insurance agency, they are paid a substantial commission by the underwriting insurer. Personally, I would never knowingly pay a fee to an agent for doing their (already paid) job. But maybe that's just me.

Guess the question could be whether you were explained when the fee was going to be due or if it already figured into your payment plan or whatever for the policy premium. You have to expect a fee..fortunatly it is a very reasonable fee for what they set you up with and keep you in. Fee for that is usually $250 on up. Not only do you have a supperior policy most likely involving some level of comprehensive coverage you also paying hardly a thing to get in to a good rate..

ps- John, I got to shake my head at that idea of never paying an agent. Think the difference is that maybe some been going through big agency's that make it appear they writing their own stuff and there no fees and but the fees are just masked in the manucia. Everyone pays fees in some fashion.

Everyone has to earn a living. Welcome to the year of seeing extra fees. I don't know how agents make their income, but I do know I expect to pay for it... after all we are the customer. The agency has to get paid with someones money, and since you pay the premiums it stands to reason that the money ultimately comes from you.

Beth

My own two cents...My experience with the Joe Walters Agency has been so good, that any fee they charge probably isn't enough. Their service is fantastic. Just my opinion...

That is one of the many, many reasons I will not do business with them. I know 5 other people that did business with them and their experience with them was enough for me to do business here in my state.I will not bad-mouth them, say how they run their business, how they treat you when a claim is made, or how their customer service is. I will just trust my friends and after a few conversations with that company, will do business locally (here in my state, not city). That is just me, others say they have had good luck with them.There have been many threads on the boards, do some searching and read. Make your decision based on your gut feeling, not what you just read a lot of.

I have had Joe Walters coverage for a few years now and they have always provided me with excellent service. If your not happy with the fees, I suggest you cancel the policy and get someone locally you feel comfortable with. Hugh

Theres always some kind of fee of course. I do not pay anything to my broker it all comes out of what I send in my quarterly payment.

If they tell you before hand about fee's fine

I don't mind them charging a fee, their service is great and I love the way they all answer the phone, they are so cheery and it makes me smile.

I call them all the time asking for a proof of insurance, they always fax it right away and then I get a hard copy via snail mail in a couple of days. That work alone is worth $75 IMO.

..seems confusion and jealousy is amuck eh Jeff and Jump? what's this wayne thing about anyways?..some dirty person competing is an important thing we are supposed to know something about or care about?. What gives Wayne, free world isn't it?..oop sorry,, I am interupting the insurance thread.. just somebody please pm me the details, thanx

Jump,

Walters is an insurance agent, find him via a google search if you need insurance...that answer yer question?

I've had Walters for years, never had any problems or extra fees that I'm aware of. (my wife does all the book work and I'm 2000 percent sure she would catch a 2 cent increase). Any price increases for anything gets past along to the customer. I'm not too proud to admit that but that's the way it goes.

I've been using Joe Walters for years. I've met him at a few PWNA Conventions and if I remember correctly Joe might have even Powerwashed at one time. He is super knowledgeable in this industry so he is not just your typical insurance salesman that knows squat about our field.

I highly recommend him and his company.

I agree with John and the others.

Needed a ins. cert., called Che Che and had it with in the hour.

Great customer service and excellent prices. Save me a ton on

my trucks vs. locals for auto insurance.

Yes, as far as the insurance certificates go, they are available as needed, with no extra fees. My old company was charging $35.00 per, but back then I hardly needed any.

I have had a real tough time finding pw ins that can compete with JW, so a $75.00 fee is worth not having to search for a low price.

On average, my quotes have been from $1500.00 and up looking elsewhere. Nobody seems to know where to class us and just makes up a price.

I have heard stories of people in the midwest and back east getting ins for $600.00 for 1 mil, but they do not cover California.

I guess the question is will $75.00 for the year really effect your bottom line?

I found Joe walters to be quite high in his price. After 1 year I switched to Farm Family. They saved me like $400 a year, Plus he insured my equipment/trailer and vehicles. The Equipment is covered under a seperate policy (inland marine policy) and FF was still cheaper with 2 policies and More coverage... And no "fee" The policy already has the agent's cut in it... guy writes me 5 policies (homeowners and vehicles also) I couldn't see paying $75 for each policy. Just my opinion.

It would be like us saying "it's $450 to wash the house, then sending another bill for $75 because we had to write a bill, cash the check, and call in payroll!"

All ya can really do is do yer homework for your area. As Alan pointed out it is not the same everywhere.

Spent way too much time last year researching and trying to aquire the $450-$600 liability levels out here and it was a no go. Think it was explained to me that insurance commision plays some role in things on who can offer what and where. Those various low price companies back East stick to but a few states last I checked them out.

We tossed this about last year over on ptstate:

Insurance/Workman's CompJust went through switching the insurance...The thing is Nationwide and Erie is back East only in certain states. Nationwide owns other companies such as Scottsdale but they expensive.

$1mil per occurance/2mil. aggregate is generally from $1000-$1250 through the underwriter Lincoln General that most brokers out here try to stick you with. Then the broker fee normally is $150. If you get higher quote then check into whether they added vehicle coverages or figured it wrong off your payroll. Supposedly some carriers are payroll based some not..no reason I can figure out why a half dozen brokers are all across the board using the same underwriter..Some the brokers are anal about getting yer life history also and then in the end the exclusions are all gonna be extreme and the same since it is same underwriter.. One guy faxed me 19 page application, told me my binder would be in hand the next day and than failed that commitment saying they don't do binder till it run through the Lincoln bs.

Safeco about same thing but even more hoops to jump through.

Now to Walters... 300k was $1099, 500k was $1239, 1 mil. was $1359..all have only a $75 fee. The kicker is two fold in that you just send a money order/cashiers check and they fax and email you over your binder done and over with AND I was told that they don't do policies without the care and custody built in!!.. Try getting that through Lincoln...Time will tell once I get the new policy..Yes somethings are gonna be excluded but not my main stuff I do in deck care and flat work.. People over there are way nice too!!

I have had a real tough time finding pw ins that can compete with JW, so a $75.00 fee is worth not having to search for a low price.

On average, my quotes have been from $1500.00 and up looking elsewhere. Nobody seems to know where to class us and just makes up a price.

I guess the question is will $75.00 for the year really effect your bottom line?

I have had that experience time and again, nobody knows what I do, or how to charge me. It is infuriating.

Joe and I have a great relationship: He doesn't bother me, I don't bother him. Besides, Che Che is a kick to talk to, and calls me whenever something looks hinky in the mail.

All I really want from an insurance company is for them not to rape me.

From the agents, I want to know asap if the company looks like it is getting ready to ask me out.

Seventy-five bucks is a small fee in the insurance business, and we can't be in business without them. Everybody has kids to feed.

California P/W Contractors call Rick

at Leland Insurance, he is a former

power washer, and usually is very

competitive with rates.

Give Rick a call 916-428-1309

Leland Insurance

Sacramento California :)