Sign in to follow this  
MMI Enterprises

Act out to acheive lower gas prices...is this worth a shot?

Question

You tell me is descriminating against one oil companny worth a shot?.. I already don't buy from the expensive gas providers so I can't possably make a difference..How about you?

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth o ffered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer, and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.19 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

&nb sp;

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.

If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at th is point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.. .. Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days !!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Keep it going!!!

JJPIV

At current rates I almost have to assume many only buy from the expensive gas stations cause they use their gas or credit cards, or are as rich as all get out.

Besides the high prices, what really erks me is the higher the gas prices in general the larger the difference between individual stations.

ps- maybe admin can edit my spelling error in this threads title?..sorry, lol

11 answers to this question

Hey Ron,

In the last 4 years I have actually walked away from 2 one ton trucks... they were both oldies, but in good mechanical condition.

There's no substitute for horsepower, or cargo capacity, but I had work that a ranger handled without too much trouble and couldn't justify the operating expense of the big trucks.

Sometimes I miss the flatbed dually, but the extended cab F-350 with a 460 was always a pig and never really had any guts.

Sell those big dogs while you can, IF you can!

Either that, or charge port to port to run em.

Interesting..not much in way of opinion on this.

Is one problem with this that independant drivers go and pickup from the biggies and deliver it to the small chains or independant stations and we wouldn't know who would be safe to buy gas from?..

Ron,

That must be the short bed version with the small tank. I pulled in and put 35 gallons in my super duty the other day.............35 x 3.999......$140.....ouch.

Wont work at all. Although you impact the demand side of the equation for a few stations, you are dealing with an industry here. So the events at one company are not mutually exclusive

The problem is in the statement: "If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.

If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit."

If two companies arent selling any gas, the demand at other brand stations will be that much higher. Price on those stations will go UP. This will make the stations that no one is buying from look cheap and everyone will just go back to buying the gas from them at a normal price.

And even if people were committed enough to actually never buy from one station regardless of price, the lower number of gas stations would mean gas lines and more shortages as the outlet for supply cant match demand in the short run.

Or on the other end: If no ones buys exxon, demand for shell is going to increase heavily. Exxon production has no obligation to provide gas only to its licensed stations. They'll just sell the gas to stations like Shell that cant keep up with demand.

The only way to reduce cost is to simple use less gasoline

Hey Chaz. do we asume yer money is in oil or gold..lol

Need to put mine into shale oil or hydrogen..In fact I thinks I need to get to making my brownes gas hydrogen generator for my truck.. Even if it saves me a dime a gal... :)

Hey Kevin,

Do you have the complete info for building a Dr Brown's gas generator to run an engine?

I'd really be interested in that...

Saw an old WWII movie, where they were running an old jitney bus in the Phillipines with a gas generator smoking away on the back of the bus...

It was wild! Chugging and popping, they straggled on down the road in a cloud of smoke, hitting and missing on maybe every other cylinder firing.

Just the kind of thing I'd like to try... haven't been arrested in a while!

This is really interesting thread.

Want to try a structured boycott aimed at the Masters of Price Fixing who already have the best established, strongest cartels on the face of the planet.

These people make DeBeers and Medellin look like boy scouts!

If they lose money for a period of time it is wrote off on their taxes! ...and their CEO and other officers get pay raises!

Wrong people to mess with, if you ask me.

It would be like poking a sleeping tiger with a stick.

You all must realize it is a problem of supply.

There is just NOT any more oil.

From the info I've read, there have been no significant large reserves of oil discovered in some time. Prudhoe Bay was smaller than everyone thought. In Texas, they have gone to recovering natural gas, oil drilling in the Lone Star Republic is very nearly a thing of the past.

The amount recoverable from ANWR would be a drop in the bucket compared to demand and actual consumption at the existing rate.

Sure, they recently discovered reserves off Brasil, but very little, if any, will be shipped to us.

All the 3rd world countries are coming out of the stone age, and their consumption is growing by leaps and bounds!

The British North Sea oilfields have been sold off by all the big players, because of depletion, and now, secondary producers are gleaning much smaller amounts, which will be a much more expensive process for the actual return.

The Russian oilfields are on their 2nd or third time around of recovering from bad mismanagement, and they will most likely fade to a level where it is much more costly to produce any significant amount.

Canadian oil shale?

Sure there's quite a bit of it...

It was never exploited before, because of the expense of the process.

Sure, there will be fuel, if you can pay $12 a gallon for it.

We are looking at a significant lifestyle change in the very near future, IMO.

If anyone has access to better information, that would controvert what I have read, I'd like to see it!

Have a NICE day.

If it $12 per gal to be able to afford getting at it then why are many contemplating doing it?. The guesstimate is like 400bil gal to be had via slant drilling all up through the Dakotas on our own land. That enough to go almost 100 years.

What the name of that island they got with a bunch?.. The hypothisis has been that they were waiting till $100 a barrel on purpose to get into it. Well we are there so we should start hearing about it.. :)

But Rich there is much talk/theory that oil is not so limited like we were once told. It is just the easier stuff is depleting. We've all heard it, the deep stuff is supposedly abiotic and doesn't come from organ decay of plants, dinos, planctin, etc when you go like 5 mi. down on the bottom of the sea floor. It supposedly something about carbon 13...but who has the real info?.. don't know, haven't checked that deep into it really..Unsure if sites have been proven to be inorganic or not but there is also some link to other astro bodies like Titan the consperacy crowd is trying to talk about....haha.. funy stuff