Sign in to follow this  
4000psi

Quickbooks?

Dane....

We LOVE our QuickBooks! One of these days, we should get together and you can see several of the things we use that have helped us immensely....sort of a mini-test drive before you buy stuff :)

Celeste

QB Pro here. We use the credit card service through them too. Seems like a lot of work at first, but really helps out having all that info in one place. Once you're set up, it rocks.

Looks like I'll be using QB pro. dosn't it work with TurboTax. I used TurboTax this year, I liked it, but with QB you can download all your info right to TT. Anybody done that or did that this year?

Dane

Hmmm.....maybe the PWNC needs to arrange a QuickBooks Pro "course" :)

Celeste

Hey Celeste, you might be on to something

I bought qb pro and I haven't had the time to learn it.

I'm sure they are others would like to learn the things qb's can do in "Layman's terms"

Hey Celeste, you might be on to something

I bought qb pro and I haven't had the time to learn it.

I'm sure they are others would like to learn the things qb's can do in "Layman's terms"

Al next time we meet I can show you a few quick tips.

This o'le dino uses an older Peachtree. If I knew that newer version of it or the Qb eliminated other progs I might be swayed to upgrade. I use works calender/alarm for scheduling. In using primo pdf I snag quotes and then 3rd party email ap them. See the version I got doesn't email directly or translate them into what OE works with. Besides that there is a flaw that disallows creation of multiple quotes for a customer during same period without the original being over written even though the quote numbering is incremental.. is getting anoying.

What would be the bomb is if QB could import a company profile with charts of accounts and inventory from Peachtree. Otherwise I have to start al over. ;(

The PWNC will be arranging for a QuickBooks training seminar for both PWNC (free) and non-PWNC contractors (not-so-free). QuickBook support will also become a benefit for Network Associate Contractors :)

Watch for a thread to determine date & location for this training!

Thanks!

If it that complex that ya need training I can't help but be suspicious as I would want a novice to be able to do basic tasks from the get go. But now if it is really that rich with features to need training then it may be right up my alley...like next year..lol.

Surely it self learns and doesn't need training. :)..j/k .I have demoed it years back.

If it that complex that ya need training I can't help but be suspicious as I would want a novice to be able to do basic tasks from the get go. But now if it is really that rich with features to need training then it may be right up my alley...like next year..lol.

Surely it self learns and doesn't need training. :)..j/k .I have demoed it years back.

Kevin, Its really easy to use the simple features.

Not EVERYONE has employees that they can designate to or a "spouse" that they can count on to pick up the ball.

No, the program is NOT rocket science, but add learning basic accounting & another computer program to your already long day - my hell people - some people WANT some instruction from a professional. Frankly, both of you could stand some grammar & typing courses!

Argh!