Sign in to follow this  
rservices

dewalt 4 qpm

HD has a dewalt PW with a Honda engine and a cat pump for 999.00 I PW about 200 hours a year, and have been using a Kartcher 2.8 GPM 3000psi for the last few years. I only do flat work (sidewalks dumpster pads in restaurants)

Has anyone tried this model?

Any feed back would be great.

thanks

IF it's a 13 hp honda, then that's a decent machine. Funny - most consider that to be bare bones minimum to do professional washing. How are you getting along with such a tiny machine? I did maybe 4 jobs with a machine your size before I upgraded - it's just too much hard work.

PWing is just one of many services I offer, My company is a building maintance service that work only in restaurants, I charge the same rate for all of our services, tile, painting, plumbing, ect...

65.00 p/h

If I'm not mistaken, that machine has a General pump and from what I've heard, General makes a good pump (no personal experience w/ General, my machine has a Cat). The HD by my house had the $999 pressure washer on sale a few months ago for $799. Not sure, but I believe it was 3700, 3750 or 3800 psi, one of the three, with 4 GPM flow-rate. Pretty decent specs, especially for $800 and even still decent at $1,000.

HD has a dewalt PW with a Honda engine and a cat pump for 999.00 I PW about 200 hours a year, and have been using a Kartcher 2.8 GPM 3000psi for the last few years. I only do flat work (sidewalks dumpster pads in restaurants)

Has anyone tried this model?

Any feed back would be great.

thanks

It might not be truly commercial-grade (and definitely not industrial-grade) but to call it consumer-grade seems like an insult, as I believe it is a good quality machine. Perhaps the term light-commercial would better identify the target for that machine.

They build them pumps for home owners...Thats why its 800-1000

they had last years model at a location 60 miles away, 150.00 off, so I went to but it, and it was missing the chemical hose an the manual, so they sold it to me for 630.00. Needless to say I didn't argue with them . 360.00 off from this years. 3700 vs 3750 psi

It might not be truly commercial-grade (and definitely not industrial-grade) but to call it consumer-grade seems like an insult, as I believe it is a good quality machine. Perhaps the term light-commercial would better identify the target for that machine.

JUNK!!!!

Most of you will probably LMAO, but this is true. A home and property service that's been in business for over 40 years just cleaned my 108 unit strata with two 2.5 GPM HD machines and a brush. I considered buying one myself for a backup unit to my trailer rig. They were on sale for $285.00 at Home Depot in January. Took them 3 1/2 wks with 3 guys and they were paid $13000.00. As they used a 24' flat surface cleaner you can imagine how our concrete looks. Not to mention the rust stains, mildew,gutter streaks,scuff marks, bird droppings, leaf stains etc that were left behind.

The contract predates my position on the strata council or it would not have happened. I have been butting heads with my property manager bigtime over this.

I guess the upshot is:

1. You can make money or at least win large jobs with cheap equipment.

2. ACS is now moving into the residential pressurewashing market under the name of A.C.E.(All Clean Exteriors)

More power to him if he has that unit..You have to start @ where you can

The pump will not last him thats all...I know I just sold off two of them

both pump's were blown with in a month of use...The Honda is great.

H.D Will sell it as a commercial unit...again the pump is not

why pay 1000 just for the frame and Honda.

Thank You I'm not one to beat around the bush

I go straight for the pointicon12.gif

i use the 3gpm 30000psi dewalt as a back up unit. i have used it a few times this year when i could not get my trailer up a driveway. cranks fast and runs great. i think you will like what you have bought.

rando