Sign in to follow this  
PWkid

All about spelling and grammar...

Beth, can you have spell check, for the people who think they are leaders in our field and continually have problems misspelling very simple words, that my 1st grader can spell. Good God I really hope a major CEO of a company does not read some of the threads that are portrayed in our INDUSTRY. My God Cleaner Times Editors would have a field day. Ron FREIND is spelled FRIEND. I am by no means an English professor but I would love that one day OUR profession be taken seriously and if educated people read some of the post they will Stop reading after the HEADLINE. FREIND (SWEET MOSES)

Beth, can you have spell check, for the people who think they are leaders in our field and continually have problems misspelling very simple words, that my 1st grader can spell. Good God I really hope a major CEO of a company does not read some of the threads that are portrayed in our INDUSTRY. My God Cleaner Times Editors would have a field day. Ron FREIND is spelled FRIEND. I am by no means an English professor but I would love that one day OUR profession be taken seriously and if educated people read some of the post they will Stop reading after the HEADLINE. FREIND (SWEET MOSES)

Maybe you should have been my english teacher, I'll bet your glad I'm not teaching your children?

Its fixed Mel, we should have auto correct. Ok Mel, i hit the spell checker this time. for you buddy i'll watch when i'm over here because you guys are very upset for miss spelled words.

Have a great day!

Beth: do they have and auto one availiable?

Actually you should try to represent our industry as professional anytime you can Ron, Even at the ***, the last word is Institute. I am sure at the *** you make sure that everyone can Pressure Wash and are educated LIKE an Institute should be. I know if I would put my name, reputation, and livelyhood on the line, I would make sure that the people that represent (including the CEO) the PRESSURE WASHING INSTITUTE or (Pressure Wash PROS) would show up at my Door knowing how to portray themselves as PROFESSIONALS.

Actually you should try to represent our industry as professional anytime you can Ron, Even at the ***, the last word is Institute. I am sure at the *** you make sure that everyone can Pressure Wash and are educated LIKE an Institute should be. I know if I would put my name, reputation, and livelyhood on the line, I would make sure that the people that represent (including the CEO) the PRESSURE WASHING INSTITUTE or (Pressure Wash PROS) would show up at my Door knowing how to portray themselves as PROFESSIONALS.

advice noted

Ron I am done trying to tell you that people in our industry REALLY do read OUR posts. I am sure that if they find a PRESSURE WASHING INSTITUTE CEO Spelling the way you do they would not even consider the company. (at least I wouldn't). So Mr. Ron ********** take it for what it is worth. (Plaese stpo triygn ot rerpestn teh inudsrty fi ouy cnt'a ta laets commnuiceat wiht seim intlelignta poelpe). Sometimes Ron that is what it is like reading your posts.

I cant spell, I was raised in south chicago schools. Not my fault, i had bad teachers.

I will be more carfull and use spell check once in awhile. This is something that bothers people all the time. Now you guys know why i dont e-mail.

Maybe i will just make videos for all blogs? LOL

Ron at least email would be private and not read by potential important people. I am not saying that I am better than you and obviously you are more successful than I am. I am not sure if you guys are aware but there are some serious hacks out there under bidding, working for beer money. I would hope that WE represent ourselves better than the, (Oh I just bought a pressure washer from wal-mart and I am in business people). Ron I really don't mean to pick on you for your misspelling issue but when I read some of your post it sounds like you are an uneducated pressure cleaning company which WE all know you are not. I LOVE YA RON.

Seems like the beating of an old dead horse. Guess we got to turn Ron into glue since he can't spell. :p

Nah..here some advice perhaps worth noting..

Maybe we learn the words acceptance, compassion, and go drink beer.. :)

That said.. Hey Ronny boy, yer spelling and sentance composure sucks worse than a dyslexic monkey hooked on phonics!!

Well it for sure worse than my own or I'm drunk from fruity wine coolers. :lgsideway

Seems like the beating of an old dead horse. Guess we got to turn Ron into glue since he can't spell. :p

Nah..here some advice perhaps worth noting..

Maybe we learn the words acceptance, compassion, and go drink beer.. :)

That said.. Hey Ronny boy, yer spelling and sentance composure sucks worse than a dyslexic monkey hooked on phonics!!

Well it for sure worse than my own or I'm drunk from fruity wine coolers. :lgsideway

Now see, that was a nice way to say my spelling stinks. Thanks Kevin, coming from you I know that means something.

Mel, I guess i gotta go back to college. Maybe I'l take and online writing course.

Maybe you could just warn me if your thinking about posting in my threads? LOL

All in all , i get your point.

I guess you didnt get mine. Some people out in BBS land cant spell or write.

They now reading these threads are even more intimidated to give this a shot. The fear you or someone else might make them a target.

Mel, its ok I cant spell. I dont write my companys e-mails. Possibly thats why i'm more successfull than you.

I'm trying to be funny Mel, Letter from you below.

Dear MR. Jones

I recently recieved a proposal returned from your today and i noticed you guys mis spelled 1.2 million annually. I'm affraid i cant do work with people that cant spell millions. Please give Ron ********** a call, he cant spell either and you two will get along wonderful.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

Ron it REALLY is not about your SPELLING it is the way you CARRY yourself TRYING to represent our industry and trying to convince Billion Dollar a year companies to USE the PEOPLE YOU SAY ARE PROFESSIONAL COMPANIES. Come on Ron THIS is business 101 not roof cleaning 101. lol

I am done, RON ********** You can do Whatever you feel is the best for our INDUSTRY. Somehow you or whoever you have working for you have convinced Certain people you are educated enough to do their concrete just not educated enough to communicate or type them a letter to them that they can UNDERSTAND. LOL (UNREAL). ARRRGGGGGHHHH

Ron's spelling may not be perfect, but neither is your GRAMMAR! It's kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

Ron it REALLY is not about your SPELLING it is the way you CARRY yourself TRYING to represent our industry and trying to convince Billion Dollar a year companies to USE the PEOPLE YOU SAY ARE PROFESSIONAL COMPANIES. Come on Ron THIS is business 101 not roof cleaning 101. lol

Mel, I'm Not trying to convience them. Almost all you can name currently use my companies....thats Plural

The roofs i clean are not homes, they require alot of experince and many different kinds. The reading i have to do and compiling of employee manuals is silly. my employee Michele writes world class. She is currently a running a library here in arizona. I hope she's qualified and up to your standards. She is currently seeking her PHD, she has been employed with my company for about six years. She now continues to help my office mang compile and write my manuals. they need constant updating.

She has credits that i'm not at liberty to mention.(maybe she may)

Beth, your right. I will have my assistant take that class. (joking) I'll work on it right here. You guys can help me? Right... isnt that what we do here? help people...

I'm truly sorry, I wish my skills where better. Believe me, I have no time to stop and take a skills class for writing. If i took any classes they would be more computer courses. Software engineering, I pay a fortune for this stuff, Beth Knows I run a server company. I have for almost as long as i have pressure cleaned.

If i wanted to be a liberal arts professor I would seek my degree. ( NO CHAnce)

There are online dictionaries.

You can't just blame the teachers.

You are NEVER too old to learn.

I learn something new every day. It's good for you. :)

Beth

Thats so true Beth, everyday... Wish i had the time. its my weekness for sure.

Funny, My employees laugh about it when i give them a letter to draft up. or send and e-mail to correct and forward from company addr.

This kinda could be a thread, not about literacy. Maybe about knowing the weekness in your business?

People should know them and not let them stop them from what they are doing. You know I'm a coach also, I do it proffessionally. I train Kids and adults in hitting. I have made some training tapes, I had a freind or mine who was wonderful at this and passed up a great offer because he could not read well. The funny thing was a mexican national that we taught some broken english took the position. I had to say i told you so, he still believes they accept him not reading or writing but would call him stupid. I said SO!!!!!!!! he has the job, i guess that makes you stupid.

Happy ending, a better offer came this spring. He bypassed thoses fears.

Ron's spelling may not be perfect, but neither is your GRAMMAR! It's kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

No Bunn, he saying that my grammer is all that matters. he doesnt realize i dont write my letters.

Anyway, funny true story. The galsin my office are very busy.They look at the BBS's some.

Onetime i had this same situation, i gave the thread to the gal in my office. She not only chatise the guy for his miss spelling and grammer she went into how i was waisting her time writing stupid letter online while she was backed up trying to address 40 e-mails and write that day proposals.

I also got told by my office itsbad enough we have to write your business stuff, dont ask me to answer idiots that cant even spell themselves.

Ron at least email would be private and not read by potential important people. I am not saying that I am better than you and obviously you are more successful than I am. I am not sure if you guys are aware but there are some serious hacks out there under bidding, working for beer money. I would hope that WE represent ourselves better than the, (Oh I just bought a pressure washer from wal-mart and I am in business people). Ron I really don't mean to pick on you for your misspelling issue but when I read some of your post it sounds like you are an uneducated pressure cleaning company which WE all know you are not. I LOVE YA RON.

In this business you do not have to have a collage education to be successful.

I can only speak for myself but I would be lost if it was not for spell checker on these boards and when I have to write a proposal, letter, ad copy ect....I use spell checker and then I have my wife read it because if seems there is always a way it be can improve.

Customers might have caught my misspelled words or heard me not speaking correctly using southern slang words.

I hope they base their opinion of me and my company on my integrity, honestly and by the contents of the words I speak or write.

I am sure you can find some errors with my post (since wife is asleep) but hopefully you can get past the words and understand the meaning of my post.