Sign in to follow this  
jkevin

single axle trailer

Question

good morning all survived all the water here in wisconsin. i am looking for ppl who use single axel trailer. i would like to see how they have they arrange there equip. i ahve an alkota hot machine that is 54 inches long and about 38 inch in width on a 5 by 8 trailer not much room have to get a bigger at some point. thanks

Edited by jkevin

6 answers to this question

Kevin mounting the PW in the front of the trailer and the tank just on top to just in front of the axle will work. Then you could mount your hose reels in the rear and go. Also be careful on the rating on that trailer, a 250 gal tank full of water will put you right at the 2000 lb mark and that is without the equip. Hope this helps.

P.S. Search the gallery on the boards there are many pics of trailer setups you are looking for.

Yea you can overload one side of the trailor axle with water sloshing around even within the trailors weight limits you can warp the axle. Those cheap trailors at the box stores and such have cheap axle's on them. That's how they get the price down. Everything else is the same on a trailor. If your buying a single axle to haul water ask about the axle and get the best you can afford.

I've got two Wells Cargo trailers and have been very happy with them. Not the cheapest on the market but very well built.

If that is a "bolt together trailer" you should buy some good tires. had a 12' x 5' single axle trailer(3500 lbs.) last year with a 225 gal. tank and cold water washer the worx on the trailer and when full it was scary doing 60mph on a bumpy hwy.hauling water is crazy!