Sign in to follow this  
mohadeeb

telescoping wand? anyone still using them

Question

26 answers to this question

X jet works great...get the M5 for more flexability. A tad shorter range but still works great. 35ft ish...Keep in mind it's a chem injector so the chems do the work, not a paint peeling blaster.

I actually had to pull out my 48' Coress this past weekend. A roof I cleaned about 6 weeks ago had a lot of lichen. Not enough rain since the cleaning and a wedding next week meant manual removal. 2 story, 12/12 pitch and about 2 hours.

I use my telescoping pole for gutter cleaning. After scooping the big stuff out, I run it up the gutter really quick to get the small debris out & then "jet" the downspout to get out hard clogs. Using this method, we can do about 400 linear feet of gutter per hour no problem.

the main use of my telescopic wand is when i have to clean the outside of a chimney and need to get a little pressure close to the brickwork. i have cleaned some brick buildings in the past and it has also come in handy for that application.

rando

I have X-jetted in the past with good results. I downstream now and love it. I have a pole that i used to use until discovery of x-jet and downstreaming a few years ago. I keep the pole though it is always nice to have in the arsenal for the most difficult of jobs.

I was thinking of rigging the pole on top of a sturdy tripod to see it this makes it easier for my back and shoulders. Hell im a small guy 5' 4" 140 so i need the help after holding onto this thing for a while. lol. will look at trying the other methods too.

thanks for the info peeps.

Have a brand new one, never used it since the day I bought it 4 years ago. If anyone needs one, let me know...

Sold mine a while back. Never looked back.

I use mine only on 3 to 4 story houses and in windy conditions where the x-jet M 5 won't reach. I simply put a longer hose on the xjet and attach it to the extension wand. I don't know how I would do it otherwise unless ladder work was involved.

I clean up to 3 story high buildings with great results and less chemicals than xjeting. I have absolutely no problem to do that with 24 feet wand. I'm 6.4 and about 270 lbs :) . Customers are always happy with the results. I will never use xjet again. I found out that after xjeting siding looks good BUT if you can see it close - especially 2 , 3 story high - it's still dirty !

With wand you can do much better quality job in almost same time

I guess small guys will use xjet and real man / big guys will use wand :lgsideway

I bought one recently only for pre-paint prep, where you want to use pressure to knock off as much loose paint as possible - and I thought it might allow me to do this with less ladder work. As well - when customers want their gutters cleaned out and go with the cheaper option of just pressure washing all the crap out {they clean up the mess} Then I want to use it for that purpose so I don't have to get on a ladder for that as well.

I guess small guys will use xjet and real man / big guys will use wand

Real men climb ladders when needed :lgsideway:lgsideway:lgsideway

No wait....my daughter climbs too when needed so not limited to men I guess :rotfl::rotfl:

Hey Michigan - I'm 5'10" AND 165LBS. AND my 24' aluminum extension extended out past 14' or so absolutely kills me - so you're right. That's why I always try to keep a big dumb guy employed!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA

But seriously - both tools have their place. I'd recommend having both an extension wand and X-jet. A lance extension also helps on the X-jet sometimes.

I bet your back loved that workout you gave it. what pressure did you use and what kind roof was it.

Back, arms ... lol Less than 500 psi on asphalt shingles.

The day after using my X-Jet for the frist time I came home and used a chainsaw on my telescoping wand so it would fit in the trash can. That's no joke. I only x-jet and ds now.