Sign in to follow this  
C&S Property Services

Possible theft?

Question

Does anyone worry about people stealing hoses or equipment off trailers? I have never really given it much thought but apparently (I found this out last night from my neighbor) I had 2 visitors walking around one of my trailers as it sat in my driveway. They supposedly walked around the trailer eyeballing the generator and water cannon. (funny part is that this is the trailer that is basically empty) But it made me think of what can happen. I know times are tough for some and theft of copper, etc is at a high now but really to come into a persons driveway?

11 answers to this question

I have had wands stolen from my trailer when I wasnt there.

I also thwarted a few brothers from stealing my entire rig from a Smithfields where I was inside eating lunch. I stopped them just after they slim jimmed my door lock. That was an interesting lunch break.

I had a generator stolen off my trailer as it sat in my driveway during the day!! It was bolted down, nice neighborhood. It happened the same day my neighbor was getting some gutter work done. The contractor had all his tools on the back of his truck and was working at the back of the house. Came back around and it was gone.

Jeff Robison

Clean Up Atlanta, Inc.

678-360-2518

Most of all my stuff is secured whether in a van, garage, etc...but I am thinking (and possibly hoping) that they saw the generator had like 8 bolts holding it down. That will take some time. And I think what brought the curiosity is the water cannon pump (which is also bolted down numerous times) and the extra fire hose I had on board. I think there was like 500 foot of fire hose and my thinking is that they probably thought it was wire. Meanwhile, the cameras are being installed and the firearms loaded...I still think a Rott or Pit chained to underneath a trailer is better than a GPS system...lol Sorry trying to have a sense of humor about this while still pondering what the heck they were doing.

All you guys have interesting stories and I feel lucky that I have only had one where someone actually came up to me and told me they were going to steal my stuff....that was a moment of love. I sprayed a mist on the guy and told him it was acid. Needless to say he could have made the Olympics in the 50 / 100 and 1000 meter...BTW I had never used an acid and it was only water as I dont downstream.

Never had powerwash items stolen, both trailers are always locked. Actually, now as I type this I think of the ladders on the top not chained.

About three years ago somebody drove a truck in my backyard and stole my jetskis. They were sitting on the trailer and these guy just hooked up to the trailer and took everything. Before they left they slashed the tires on my new truck. The police said they did this so I wouldn't be able to chase them if I had woke up and saw them.

I did get my skis back. The police found them a few towns over.

My brother Tim ad his jetskis stolen once. About a month later his partner (police partner) took his family to Rhode Island for the weekend. He parked his car next to a pickup which happened to be towing a trailer with my brother's skis on it. Keep in mind they were stolen from Massachusetts. What are the odds of that?