Sign in to follow this  
Mtxz453

bleach injection

Question

everyone uses a mixture with bleach on here that i see, how come the manual on my washer says not to use bleach because it will damage components on the washer when being injected into the pump?

7 answers to this question

Because I highly doubt anybody here puts the bleach through the components. Everybody either Downstreams (Downstreaming) or uses an X-Jet, both of which mix chemicals after the water has left the pump.

I attached a picture of the X-Jet M5. You connect the piece in the middle in the quick connect on your wand, then that hose connects to the X-Jet itself and hangs in the bucket of chemicals, which in turn will draw the chemical up to the tip and sprays out, therefor it never comes in touch with the pressure washer itself.

Don't put anything through the pump except cold water. There should be a small check valve near the unloader for you to put your chemical hose on. This is called downstreaming. Use this method or use an x-jet. Also, when you're running your machine never let it run idle for more than 30 seconds or so. Pull the trigger to keep the water flowing through the pump. The water sitting idle in the pump heats up fast, real fast, and will destroy the pump. Hope this helps.

I had to chuckle reading this post, it reminded me of when my brother in law borrowed a pressure washer we had. I told him to take the book with for answering any questions he might have...he left it, instead of putting the little tube in his jug of soap, he poured the soap into "the plastic box labeled 'cleaner'" he neglected to notice the word "AIR" above it, seized that engine block nice and tight...he's a doctor btw.

Reminds me of my college days. A guy filled his engine block with water because it was overheating. Ruined the BMW's motor when he started it.