Sign in to follow this  
fireandrain

Happy Days Are Here Again!My First Acrylic Strip in Process

Question

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this one this past month. Client finally left for Europe yesterday and it was time to get at this strip! My first acrylic strip, and I was up tossing and turning last night worrying that this stuff was going to get the best of me. Here are some process pictures...

Treatment:

8oz p/g F18 sprayed with Deckster

20 min dwell time.

Stain started to wrinkle up real nice after 2 minutes dwell.

1st pictures taken before treatments.

36 answers to this question

Matt,

And I know, I definitely got off easy on this one! Smooth release, no vert work. I'm grateful.

Ei, yes. Acrylics can be much harder! Good cherry job.

"Every strike brings me closer to the next home run." - Babe Ruth

Hah! See you also have a customized Google home page!

Stpped by the project this morning to asess the post-brightening (+24hrs.) and the extent of de-furring that will need to be done. Here is a picture of the floorboards. The furring wasnt horrific, but definetely going to need to make a pass at it next week.

Matt,

Nice restore. Stripped out great. Like redwood, more than good cedar.

Is this a covered porch? No gaps between the floor boards. Fasteners look like they are of poor quality and corroding on nice wood. So many "premier" deck builders sell clients on high quality wood then use cheap, garbage nails or deck screws. Hate that.

[quote name=

Is this a covered porch? No gaps between the floor boards. Fasteners look like they are of poor quality and corroding on nice wood. So many "premier" deck builders sell clients on high quality wood then use cheap, garbage nails or deck screws. Hate that.[/quote]

Isnt that crazy Rick? THose floor boards are butted up to one another! No spacing. Nailed down... HO bought the house 10 yrs. back, apparantly previous HO built the deck himself. I'm amazed that the deck is still alive... No, its not covered... Nuts. My client returns from vacation in 2 weeks, hope they are pleased.

Treatment:

8oz p/g F18 sprayed with Deckster

20 min dwell time.

Matt, what is the F18 and where do you get it? That's one I hadn't heard of until I saw your thread.

Thanks, Greg