Sign in to follow this  
ezdayman

So what was your first car?

Question

I notice "the club house" is quite lately so I hope you dont mind if I just ask questions. I think its a good way to keep people talking and the fourm alive.... :lgwave:

That being said MY first car was a brand new 1994 chevy cavalier RS parents bought it for me May 16th totaled it June 1st. Lady in a 1978 corvett t-boned me at 6am... She didnt have her headlights on.

So what was your car/truck?

Do you know what happen to it? Or have you ever seen it again?:vroom:

tc_white_tl.giftc_white_tr.giftc_white_bl.giftc_white_br.gif

tc_white_tl.giftc_white_tr.giftc_white_bl.giftc_white_br.gif

117932111_9959c6d3e5.jpg?v=0

Edited by ezdayman

31 answers to this question

Yes it would...

I had a 64 Ford F100. It had been my dads truck and sat in the garage because he did not want to take the time to get it running. I asked him if I could have it if I got it running. 15 minutes after he said yes, I was under the hood tearing out the heads for a valve job. I drove it for a year before my brother borrowed it and blew it up...without paying for it. Gotta love older brothers.

Mine was a 1978 Honda Civic like this one, but silver. I was 6'3 and 170 lbs. It wasn't a pretty site, but funny when I look back on it.

Don I know what you mean I was 6'3 215lb high school football player when drove the acord around I though looked like clown in that little thing but got the job done for few years.

1957 chevy bel aire 4 door, yea I know 4 door. My dad had it partially redone new motor, tranny and of course I put a stereo in it lol. I loved that car but it was stolen. It was black and had original wheels if any of you guys see it let me know I wanna kick someones ass. lol

Guards Red/Black Leather(ette) 1978 Porsche 924 Turbo. Probably the slowest and lowest valued Porsche ever built... but man was it fun to take off in that when I was 16! There are days when I miss that car still.

1963 Chrysler New Yorker 413ci ramcharger wedge motor, pushbutton transmission. This car had unlimited top end speed. Raced a few R/T magnums,intercerptors and done up firebirds.... Wait until competition hits about 165mph(ya can smell the rings getting hot) then drop it into second gear and away I go for the win...

My other favorite obnoxious activity with Christine(my car was possessed and named for good reason) was to just mash the gas in a parking lot and make enough rubber smoke to shut down the cruise till the fog cleared...

Edited by Thomas C

My first car was a 1973 Pontiac Grand Prix. She was loaded as far as loaded goes back then. She had a 400 4 barrell 4 speed auto with a b&m shift kit in it. That thing would hit 48mph and chirp into 2nd gear every time I had my foot to the floor. Used to race all over with her. It was a heavy car but man she could move. Sure do miss that car!

1969 Nova SS, factory 396 car, Fairbanks 2900rpm stall converter between the Rat and the 400 turbo, 12 bolt with 3-series gears, probably 3.33's.

Deep third scratch into second, hard chirp into third, 12.9 or so if I was on the money that day. Not bad for a carburated daily driver and a 16 year old in the pilot's seat. Oh, and that was on poly-glass G-60's pushing radials on the front-end.

Stolen, stripped, and burned three days before I turned 18. The thieves got my tires and rims, shifter and tach, stereo and speakers, engine and tranny, but left $180 worth of Stewart/ Warner guages in it to burn.

And they drank the case of Old Style in the trunk while doing it! It cost me 130 bucks to get it out of impound, and between the time I paid, and when they towed it up front, the cop watching the impound lot liberated my SS emblems, which with the rear-end was all I could salvage.

Let's just say I know why they hanged horse thieves. I sometimes dream that it shows up and is returned to me, I'll wake up all excited, and then realize...

I miss that ride, there had to have been a couple hundred square feet of my knuckle hide scraped off under that hood.

Had a big ass Fury III, I think it was a III, the thing was huge, bought it for $40 at 14 pissed my dad of one to many times and I was living in it at 15. At least it had plenty of room

my first car was a 1974 corvette stingray got it when i was 14 and did all the work with my dad.had a 350 borred out -30 popout pistons,polished and ported the works it was hitting a low 12's in the 1/4 mi.and lost it when i was turning 17. got caught racing a 97 firebird ram air that was talking smack a school.was clocked a 95mph in a 30 beat the cop to my house and ended up being my dads good buddy that pulled me over. thats the last time i saw that car. but i ended up buying a 1974 toyota land cruiser 4x4,v8,6"lift,35 mt's and will never go back to a car again.unless gas hits the $6 mark thats where i draw the line

My first car was a 1969 Chevelle SS four speed. The previous owner had blown up the 396 and it only had a 283 in it when I bought it. Wish I still had it. I also had a 55 Chevy two door wagon and a 66 Corvair.

1962 Ford Fairlane 500. Beautiful Royal Blue body, Pearl White top. Had a steering wheel the size of the Titanics and drove soooooo smooth. It had a 221cu in V-8. Smallest V-8 I've ever seen. Man, what I wouldn't give to have that car again!!! Just change the red to blue and that's my baby.

post-1269-137772211598_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mountain View

67 Impalla. Had over 200,000 miles when it went to the junkyard.

My favorite when I was a kid was my 1975 Triumph Spitfire but a drunk driver took it away from me. Pretty nasty accident.

post-2213-137772211608_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772211622_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772211631_thumb.jpg

I bought another one, a "project car" and spent 2 years restoring it. Since then I gotten a few first place at the local car shows. It's at the shop right now getting a new exhuast system installed.

post-2213-137772211645_thumb.jpg

1971 Chevy Malibu. 2 door automatic with a 307 and bench front seat. ;-) I wish I still had it stashed away in a garage somewhere. That car treated me right because I treated it right.

The only thing I added to it was a FM converter and a rear speaker. You mounted the FM converter under the dash, plugged it into the fuse box. Antenna plugged into it, then from it to the AM radio. The mid 70s, the golden age of rock & roll - Allman Brothers Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc.

More than once I woke up in the morning at home because my Malibu knew the way.

Only broke down twice in it, both times water pumps, both times over 60 miles from home. The second time it happened the mechanic told me the water pump had a design flaw it and to put a rebuilt in, never had another problem.

Thanks for jogging my memory.

Stay safe & hydrated,

Chuck

GOOD STORYS! you cant even find any of those cars anymore!! I Know my dad had a 75 ford elite 2dr he kept it till 86 or so just drove it back and forth to work, Ugly car but that was the last time I have ever seen a ford elite

garyt76elitesm.jpg

Not becouse we were poor he just loved his car and he didnt mind driving it back and forth to work. Mom and a 93 Dodge new yorker "yawn"

Oh my 2nd car was a 93 Ford probe Gt good car good times!!

Edited by ezdayman
bored