Sign in to follow this  
Rick2

Winter is on its way.

Question

I've got to buy a new snowblower for my winter sidewalk accounts. I plow with my truck but need a new blower for the sidewalks. My old one just can't do it anymore. It can get really packed with slush thrown in by the city plow trucks

Anyway, my question is your experience with snowblowers as far as quality goes. I expect to spend about 1500 to 2000 for one. Any ideas on what to stay away from or what to lean towards? Thanks in advance.

18 answers to this question

Dan you should just get a manufactured home down here in a park and come down in the winter and work. You would probably never leave though! LOL Winters down here in Florida are beautiful. Everything is always green and colorful and the weather is perfect...

Ok, I have heard about enough out of you palm tree huggin, sun lovin', gator chasers! Some of us have to live up north and take care of the rest of the country. We can't just all be a bunch of Sun King's in paradise.

Not yet anyway!

I used to live on Matalache Island when I went to school in FL. I remember calling home one Christmas while walking around in my yard shirtless and laughing at my father who was "deicing" his driveway for a party. Why did I ever come back?

They should really have a strong four letter word for winter.

Ok, I have heard about enough out of you palm tree huggin, sun lovin', gator chasers! Some of us have to live up north and take care of the rest of the country. We can't just all be a bunch of Sun King's in paradise.

Not yet anyway!

I used to live on Matalache Island when I went to school in FL. I remember calling home one Christmas while walking around in my yard shirtless and laughing at my father who was "deicing" his driveway for a party. Why did I ever come back?

LMAO! I hear ya Russell. I am originally From Rhode Island. Been down here since 1990. Went home a few times for the Holidays and could not wait to come back. Way too cold for me now...

I don't know about Mo, but in Eastern Oregon we have a word for winter, Cold!

Edited by Douglas Hicks

Yeah Dan, we usually get hit pretty hard on the western side of the state. It really sucks getting up at 2am to start plowing. It was much worse before the baby was born and I had 22 residental accounts to take of. I've gotten rid of all of them accecpt for one small commercial parking lot and some friends' driveways. I miss the money (about 1000 dollars a storm) but I just couldn't sit in that truck for 15 hours plowing snow any longer.

post-2213-137772214377_thumb.jpg

post-2213-137772214383_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rick2

I hate being too far from it too. I guess it's not too bad, about an hours drive. I love boating and scuba diving. Mostly shipwreck and lobster diving. When I lived in Japan I happened to date a dive instructor for quite some time.. Not only was she cute but she had access to all the dive shops equiptment including the boat. Did some cool dives on WWII aircraft. A little spooky but real cool,

SNOW! What's that? Hugh

I'll tell ya what it is ... a four lettered word we don't take too kindly about around these here parts!

JK,

You get what you pay for and if you only use it a few times a year than your price range is about what I'd expect to pay. Being up in Mass. I imagine you get a bit more than we do down here in MD.

Rod!~

Yeah, the money is real nice but the work is tough. I'd much rather be washing than plowing. It's really bad when equiptment breaks down in the middle of a bad storm. Welding and cutting in a No'easter can get on your nerves something crazy. Been there and done that way too many times.

Snow man I have not though about that stuff in years I love florida sun shine, beachs and did I say sun shine. I was born raised in Rochester NY love florida christmas trees are so cool with xmas lights man. Snow is evil sun shine nice snow evil.