Sign in to follow this  
CALLTODD

Adjustable flow?

I was thinking about getting a 8-10 gal pump. I was wondering is there some way to adjust flow if I want to tone it down? Hydo-Tek says they have adjust ability for their two gun unit....

Featuring:

􀀹 Rugged “Protect-It” Frame can be truck or trailer mounted or

pulled/towed with the optional wheel kit

􀀹 Super Duty Burner System uses schedule 80 coil pipe and

double wall stainless steel and ceramic insulation combined with

a proven 115v oil fired burner for trouble free heating.

􀀹 Adjustable Flow System can be used for 2-gun operation or to

conserve water

I was thinking about getting a 8-10 gal pump. I was wondering is there some way to adjust flow if I want to tone it down? Hydo-Tek says they have adjust ability for their two gun unit....

If you want to run a flow type unloader you will have to install a high pressure bypass valve aka a steam valve.

It would go on the high pressure port opposite from the unloader line and bypass to the tank or back to the inlet line. The use of a smaller nozzle and a pressure gauge will dial in exactly what you are looking for.

I have used mine to scale the skid down to carpet cleaning ability.

Excellent!!! I definitely want a flow unloader...

I'm new to working on these machines. I not sure where you mean by "opposite from the unloader line". I'll have to give you a call when this becomes closer to a reality.

THANKS for the heads up!!!!

Todd

I have a Hydro-Tek 8gpm/3000 psi trailer and have been using a flow-type unloader for over 2 years. Initially, I was told that it couldn't be done with a 2 gun set-up - it can. There was also a thought that the unloader needed some "tinkering" - it doesn't.

I use my rig one gun at a time (one for the surface cleaner, one to wash) with no special plumbing. The unloader has one high-pressure hose going in, one going out to the coil and a low-pressure hose to bypass. The pressure line splits after the coil and I have a chem injector on one side (though I could put one on both sides) and I downstream my housewash mix. With 8gpm, it will shoot quite high!

I think I am getting it. Unfortunately my machine is in the shop.

I have a Hydro Tek 5.6 @3600psi. It claims to be a steam machine.

So it probably already has the valve. And it has a gauge. Does that mean

I can tip it down to reduce the flow. It came with a #5 tip for steam.

THANKS,

Todd

John,

Can you reduce the flow or just the pressure?

Can you still run two guns at a time with the flow unloader?

I can do both...at the same time by adjusting the unloader (which I do sometimes to use a lower psi/gpm turbo nozzle) or just the gpm by using a smaller (less than 9.0) tip.

I can, and sometimes do, run 2 guns at the same time - or 1 gun and a surface cleaner. Most of the time, If I need a second gun, I roll out the portable that I keep in my van - I hate giving up the gpm's on the surface cleaner. For example, I have a 9 hour driveway cleaning coming up next week and I'll run the 8 gpm with a Big Guy with 4.5 tips and the 5 gpm with a Big Guy with 2.5 tips. If I wanted, I could run both BG's with 2.5's, but the distances involved would require way too much hose (long winding drive to get to the house/parking area.

I can do both...at the same time by adjusting the unloader (which I do sometimes to use a lower psi/gpm turbo nozzle) or just the gpm by using a smaller (less than 9.0) tip.

Looks like I'm going with the General tsf2021 8.5 gals per min @1750 rpm with a k-10 unloader. Then I should be able to adjust the unloader down to 6 gals per min at 3600 psi for house washes and tip it back up to 8.5 for concrete etc.

Edited by calltodd
sounds neg