Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

Say NO to Gays!

Question

Important stuff coming up in the election. We have a proposition here in Cali that defines "Marriage between a man and a woman"; It's proposition 8 which I will be voting YES to.

61% of California's voted said YES to these exact words on a measure a couple years ago, but 4 San Fransisco judges decided that we were all wrong and overturned it. This time it will be put into our constitution here and they can't overturn it.

Vote "YES" on prop 8 if you are in California. Check your state and see if there is a similar measure. Let's restore and protect Marriage once and for all.

107 answers to this question

The way i see it the word Married means the union of male and female.The holy bible states that.Also the bible states man and man/woman/woman is not right.Now dont get me wrong my wifes cousin is gay and his man is good people,but the marriage thing and in all the right thing even in the wild is female and male.That is how we are designed so we can pro create.Now if the people would word the union of a couple so they get the right that a couple gets then the issue is solved.This issue is always going to be an up and down issue.All a matter of oppinions.Now my cousin in law and his man are good people that live together and share there bills as one.So the way i see it they deserve the goverment benifits.Why not? But to share these benifits it has to be called a union or something like that. You know this country is supposed to be equal for All.Not all but the gay population. Everyone should have equal rights in the country. Thank you Marko

Rod where you tread by asking seems to imply the current majority out here has none or that perhaps they are too slow at changing theirs to meet the oppositions or perhaps yers.(where do you stand on this anyways?) Well I'll suspect the latter applies and is what you mean to say. Things of faith, religion/belief systems, morals, common sense, etc. are not generally things changed, forced, or accepted over night and rightly so. It took all of human history to ingrain them into being commons sense if not somewhat of a relied upon instinct on how to survive yer everyday man or life's challenges.

The oppositions only chance is by way of dumbing down the arguement into being only religious based so that generationally it becomes acceptable or natural. But ya know what, it aint happnin and they aint gettin the word and it's tradtional meaning..no how no way, not this generation anyways..and by the grace of God at that I'd have to say.

The way i see it the word Married means the union of male and female.The holy bible states that.Also the bible states man and man/woman/woman is not right.Now dont get me wrong my wifes cousin is gay and his man is good people,but the marriage thing and in all the right thing even in the wild is female and male.That is how we are designed so we can pro create.Now if the people would word the union of a couple so they get the right that a couple gets then the issue is solved.This issue is always going to be an up and down issue.All a matter of oppinions.Now my cousin in law and his man are good people that live together and share there bills as one.So the way i see it they deserve the goverment benifits.Why not? But to share these benifits it has to be called a union or something like that. You know this country is supposed to be equal for All.Not all but the gay population. Everyone should have equal rights in the country. Thank you Marko

Far as I understood it we as a state already been here done this union thing and gave as many rights with it as could reasonably be mustered at a state level...could be mistaken though so don't rely on such... check it out for yourself and then show us and them (the gays) too. Without the feds being onboard with similiar union speak I don't think they can get some things like SS benefits. I have nothing against unions persay or their gaining like rights..

So but the course of events out here is a long one that many across country may tend to miss as it not their state. Even those living here get tired of hearing it and miss what's current so.. think it goes that we gave the union but then they wanted marriage. They lost by way of vote awhile back yet judges legislated from the bench against the will of the people that clearly wanted to keep the common sense defnition intact. See the lack of legal def in the books is apparently like a legal loophole of sort. So this current prop 8 is more than being just about keeping common sense in play for history sake. It is about not forgettng what has already went down and is a statement also against judges overstepping thier bounds in a way. As Ant said it is not descrimination. It is only twisted a such by people forgetting what went down already. If a judge says we have to give pigs marriage rights or any rights for that matter do we then call it descrimination or wrong if we we don't follow?

Wow that's some crazy Azz Sh!t been said. I guess I won't marry my goat now.

I take my marriage to my goat very seriously thank you. Oh, wait... never mind... he just reminded me that is what I call him but he isn't actually a real one... dang...

Rod where you tread by asking seems to imply the current majority out here has none or that perhaps they are too slow at changing theirs to meet the oppositions or perhaps yers.(where do you stand on this anyways?)
The most important part of that post was the part you put in parenthesis!

Too many people make assumptions and don't bother to ask, and in this case if I may make a point, you assumed first then asked second. I have no opinion in this matter cause frankly, it is none of my business what others do as consenting adults. It does not affect me, my family, or the way I live my life because I am not responsible for their actions, period.

Rod!~