Sign in to follow this  
jake16

Is 3000psi 2.7 gpm enough?

Question

Hey guys! Brand new to the site and have gotten some really good info from some of you already. I am looking into doing some pressure washing on the side for some extra money and potentially looking into making it a career for myself. I presently have a pressure washer that I purchased for chores around the house that is 3000psi, 2.7 gpm. I was just wondering if this would be strong enough to tackle some small residential jobs with. If so, what kind of chemicals should I start out with so that I don't ruin anyones driveway or yard with drainage. I have done my walkways and driveway a couple times never using any chemical. The results were decent and enough to satisfy me, but it is a different ballgame when you are charging for your services. Any advice you guys could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks

33 answers to this question

I recently down streamed a 3K square ft home with a 2.8 GPM machine and it turned out great,,took me 5 hours...lol

Made some $$ and started looking for a 4 GPM ASAP :)

It can be done but your butt?neck will be hurting after the first few hours :)

Jake you have received a lot of advise from contractors that have tremendous experience in the industry. If you are looking to do this on the side the best advised I can give u is to find some one that is doing this kind of work full time and is willing to share some secrets with you. As a beginner you will find that there are a lot of challenges doing power washing as proffesional. Also I purchased this manual myself THE PRESSURE WASHER GUIDE you can purchase this on this forum just click on the link and find great valuable informaiton that will help you tremendously in your venture I promise you that will be money well spent.

I recently down streamed a 3K square ft home with a 2.8 GPM machine and it turned out great,,took me 5 hours...lol

Made some $$ and started looking for a 4 GPM ASAP :)

It can be done but your butt?neck will be hurting after the first few hours :)

Just saying, and by no means bragging....We can wash a house that size in about an hour to an hour 1/2....with 1 machine.

This was an old thread......but please notice how many posters are still around.

What makes more money.......a push mower?.....or 60" zero turn mower???

Set your sights on a 5+ gpm washer......and thank me later........Lol!

Just saying, and by no means bragging....We can wash a house that size in about an hour to an hour 1/2....with 1 machine.

This was an old thread......but please notice how many posters are still around.

What makes more money.......a push mower?.....or 60" zero turn mower???

Set your sights on a 5+ gpm washer......and thank me later........Lol!

Oh believe me I know thats a fact,,I had to start somewhere though and I believe I made pretty good $$ using the 2.8..I did enough jobs with it to buy a used 4 GPM that I love,,I dont have a trailer or a tank so 4GPM is going to be my max as some of the home owner water supplies may not be able to keep up with anymore,,also PW is not my bread and butter,its just something for me to offer and do during slower times like drought,sept,oct,nov,and then in march.

Oh BTW- I have made close to $400 in a day using a 20" push/self propelled mower,,its all about location,city or burbs,,if you have all your $30-$40 lawns in a 2 mile radius,,you can knock out 10 small ones easily,I have a friend that does close to 90 accounts he lives in St Louis and works out of a van with a couple push mowers,,he grosses close to $75K a season..if you have 70 accounts that need to be done every 7 days you do the math :)

Thanks for the reply Guy :)

Edited by 577-Jersey

Oh BTW- I have made close to $400 in a day using a 20" push/self propelled mower,,its all about location,city or burbs,,if you have all your $30-$40 lawns in a 2 mile radius,,you can knock out 10 small ones easily,I have a friend that does close to 90 accounts he lives in St Louis and works out of a van with a couple push mowers,,he grosses close to $75K a season..if you have 70 accounts that need to be done every 7 days you do the math :)

Thanks for the reply Guy :)

I think you missed the point......my point was more volume (gpm) = faster production= larger jobs = more profit.....Now compute those yards being 2,3,4 + arces using a push mower vs. a 60"....lets see those numbers?....Lol. $400 a day?...or...$400 an hour? big difference.

Moving up is a step in the right direction......and you've found a great machine to do that.

I'm following ya now Guy,,for what I do I think the  4gpm will be just fine,,if I ever get into the upper commercial end of the business i will be looking for 5-8 gpm for sure!! :)