Sign in to follow this  
ls1cameric

Ready to buy my power washer but need advice.

I'm going to be ready to purchase my pressure washing equipment this weekend but need some advice so that I make sure I have a sufficient setup.

I am going to be doing it all. Residential homes, commerical jobs, flat work, and even wood restoration. I have about 6K to spend on everything to start. That includes the power washer, surface cleaner, hot box heater, trailer for equipment, ladders, chemicals, advertising, and anything else I need.

I have a Mi-t-m and Hotsy dealer in my area but the cold water machines dont seem to have sufficient water flow for flat work and the hot water machines are a little out of my price range. This is why I'm going to opt for a hot box with a cold water machine to start.

Would this be a sufficient setup to get me started? If not, can you reccomend a better suited machine for my needs that isnt too much more expensive?

*Mi-T-M model: CW-4004-3MV0, 4000 psi, 4.0 gpm, 13hp vanguard engine. About $2400.00

*NorthStar Electric Water Heater/Steamer — 3000 PSI, 115 Volt, 4 GPM

$1400.00 on ebay.

And can someone reccomend a decent surface cleaner in about a 20" size? I've seena few on ebay but not sure about the quality of them.

Thanks, Eric.

Edited by ls1cameric

I actually just checked out the machines that pressure tek has and tehy seem to be great set ups using quality parts.

Does anyone have personal experience with either the 5.5 gpm, 3500 psi or the 8 gpm, 3000 psi machines that pressure tek sales?

It seems like it might be a better buy than the Mi-T-M or Hotsy cold water machines...

I suggest you sloooowwwww down and either plan a higher budget or less of the 'doing it all'. Dems may come down on ya like they do on McCain..lol..

But yea so anyways, all the important tools that go with each of them fields ya mention can on their own add up to your budget. That's not counting the main machine, trailer, or tanks. Most these folk here that are dedicated to just a single field carry more like 10-15k of equipment. If yer that commited then think about financing proper equipment. ..i.e. 4gpm and 20" surfacer is not gonna cut the mustard of being competative in the commercial flat work world.

Whatever you do just stay away from the Silver Eagle machines. The stainless steel on those machine is worth more than the machine itself.

Vince Wood

Diamond Bar, Ca

562-331-0301

Doesn't matter if it's good or bad quality or if it's working or not ... At least Silver Eagle units look good ;-)

By the way ... Silver Eagle company - They have the best customer service , best machines and best prices . Customer support is one of the kind ... And I want to say one more thing I really believe in ... Earth is flat ! - not round like one crazy Polish guy said in 15th century ...

I suggest you sloooowwwww down and either plan a higher budget or less of the 'doing it all'. Dems may come down on ya like they do on McCain..lol..

But yea so anyways, all the important tools that go with each of them fields ya mention can on their own add up to your budget. That's not counting the main machine, trailer, or tanks. Most these folk here that are dedicated to just a single field carry more like 10-15k of equipment. If yer that commited then think about financing proper equipment. ..i.e. 4gpm and 20" surfacer is not gonna cut the mustard of being competative in the commercial flat work world.

Thanks for the advice but I'm mainly going to be doing residential areas. If i can get a commerical job, i wont turn it down but thats not my main focus. However, I want to be able to do any and all residential type work wich may include driveway and sidewalk cleaning and or grafitti removal. So again, if the 4gpm and 20" surface cleaner wont cut it, What will?

And I'm sure those folks who have 15K worth of equipment didnt start off with all that! You gotta start somewhere and thats what I'm trying to do. I'm sure that i'll find my nich on wat I want to specialize in but wont know what that is until I get my feet wet.

Would this be a better machine for my needs?

Paul from Envirospec sent me an IM about his machines and I can pick one of these up for about half the cost of the other machines I have been looking at.

Does anyone have first hand experience with one of these machines? I'm just curious about the quality and reliablity since it's pretty inexpensive compared to the others.

2,600 PSI, 5.6 GPM General TS-2021 Triplex plunger pump, Powered by a Honda 13HP GX390 with oil alert, Featutes Include:

• Deluxe powder coated frame
  • Patented cooling technology
  • Cool ait ventilation slots
  • Perm-A-Line belt tension system
  • Laser aligned pulley fanning system
  • Quick release belt guard knobs
  • Belt drive system
  • Adjustable unloader
  • Exclusive Allison HI-Heat shudown system
  • Safety relief valve
  • EZ start feature
  • 13" premium wheels
  • Downstream chemical injector
  • 50' steel braided rubber coated non marking high pressure hose
  • 5,000 psi rated trigger gun
  • 36" insulated lance
  • 5 quick connect spray tips Soap,0,15,25 and 40 degree

Edited by ls1cameric

$1500 ? and you are still thinking about it ?

It's a perfect machine for you and price is great .

You just need to add hot box for this machine and you will be able to do some commercial work with it ...

Well after some thought, I think this machine is the best route to go.

I'm actually just waiting to get a check in the mail any day now before I call Paul and order it. I e-mailed them asking a few questions about the warranty and stuff just for more info but I'm pretty set on it as of now.

Well after some thought, I think this machine is the best route to go.

I'm actually just waiting to get a check in the mail any day now before I call Paul and order it. I e-mailed them asking a few questions about the warranty and stuff just for more info but I'm pretty set on it as of now.

jUST BEEN READING YOUR POST....You live fairly close to me and I would have showed you a 5.6 gpm.....18hp.......Kohler engine skid monunted on a 14ft tandem trailer with tailgate,225 gal tank,hose reel with 200 ft hose,wand,ready to go with 28" surface cleaner....for 3500.00....With Heat.....Ready to work....Good Luck and glad to see you on the board.......Any questions call me

Edited by Lightning Gene

jUST BEEN READING YOUR POST....You live fairly close to me and I would have showed you a 5.6 gpm.....18hp.......Kohler engine skid monunted on a 14ft tandem trailer with tailgate,225 gal tank,hose reel with 200 ft hose,wand,ready to go with 28" surface cleaner....for 3500.00....With Heat.....Ready to work....Good Luck and glad to see you on the board.......Any questions call me

You still got it? If so, lets talk.

jUST BEEN READING YOUR POST....You live fairly close to me and I would have showed you a 5.6 gpm.....18hp.......Kohler engine skid mounted on a 14ft tandem trailer with tailgate,225 gal tank,hose reel with 200 ft hose,wand,ready to go with 28" surface cleaner....for 3500.00....With Heat.....Ready to work....Good Luck and glad to see you on the board.......Any questions call me

Well the guy showed up today to buy this machine and said it was too much machine for what he wanted. Also was going to throw in sevearal other things to help a new guy out.....Still for sale if anyone interested....Call or email for details......

post-2526-137772228803_thumb.jpg

post-2526-137772228814_thumb.jpg

post-2526-137772228823_thumb.jpg

post-2526-137772228836_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the advice but I'm mainly going to be doing residential areas. If i can get a commerical job, i wont turn it down but thats not my main focus. However, I want to be able to do any and all residential type work wich may include driveway and sidewalk cleaning and or grafitti removal. So again, if the 4gpm and 20" surface cleaner wont cut it, What will?

And I'm sure those folks who have 15K worth of equipment didnt start off with all that! You gotta start somewhere and thats what I'm trying to do. I'm sure that i'll find my nich on wat I want to specialize in but wont know what that is until I get my feet wet.

To be clear I did not say 4gpm will not cut it for most residential work. When you get into more sizable slab you'll want gpm. When you get into greasey drives or pads or gum you'll want heat. When you get into shooting multi-story buildings you may also want more gpm. But that said, don't forget the deeper ya get into it the more money you'll then have to invest in dedicated equipment more suitable to a job.

Well the guy showed up today to buy this machine and said it was too much machine for what he wanted. Also was going to throw in sevearal other things to help a new guy out.....Still for sale if anyone interested....Call or email for details......

"Too much machine" didnt think there was such a thing. Isnt that an oxymoron?:lgbonk:

Yeah I showed up but let me just say that pictures can be and are deceiving.

Gene, I wasnt wanting to be rude about it yesterday but you made it sound like you had all this great equipment when in fact the only thing of value that you had was the actual pressure washer and maybe the water tank. Saying that it was overkill was just an excuse to save face because I knew I wasnt going to buy it after I saw all of the junk you were selling with it.

Everything you had looked like it had sat in your garage for years and probably didnt even work and you wanted to pawn it all of on me. I didnt want to haul your trash away and sure as hell wasnt going to pay you 3500.00 for it. You forgot to mention all the little things to me until I got there. Yeah, the trailer was heavy duty but I would have spent another 1000.00 to get in decent shape. It had a huge rusted out toolbox on it to cover up a big hole in the floorboard and tons of nasty rusted crap in the toolbox. You kept saying you were giving me all these "good freebies" but all I saw was crap you couldnt sale if you tried so why not give it to me to haul away. The surface cleaner was very disapointing and after seeing that, I had enough.

Sorry man... But hey look at the bright side.

You can sale it on ebay for 5 grand like you said you were gonna do if I didnt buy it. Good Luck!

Edited by ls1cameric

Yeah I showed up but let me just say that pictures can be and are deceiving.

Gene, I wasnt wanting to be rude about it yesterday but you made it sound like you had all this great equipment when in fact the only thing of value that you had was the actual pressure washer and maybe the water tank. Saying that it was overkill was just an excuse to save face because I knew I wasnt going to buy it after I saw all of the junk you were selling with it.

Everything you had looked like it had sat in your garage for years and probably didnt even work and you wanted to pawn it all of on me. I didnt want to haul your trash away and sure as hell wasnt going to pay you 3500.00 for it. You forgot to mention all the little things to me until I got there. Yeah, the trailer was heavy duty but I would have spent another 1000.00 to get in decent shape. It had a huge rusted out toolbox on it to cover up a big hole in the floorboard and tons of nasty rusted crap in the toolbox. You kept saying you were giving me all these "good freebies" but all I saw was crap you couldnt sale if you tried so why not give it to me to haul away. The surface cleaner was very disapointing and after seeing that, I had enough.

Sorry man... But hey look at the bright side.

You can sale it on ebay for 5 grand like you said you were gonna do if I didnt buy it. Good Luck!

Here is my post to you what I was selling.....

Now to address your latest slur on me:

All the other stuff was FREE

16ft extend a wand retail 129.00 Free

50 ft of extra hose free

2 12 in surface cleaners (one for parts) Free

2 water brooms Free

Extra Nozzles Free

Rusty tool box which I said take it if you want it FREE

Short wand Free

Extra(brand new water filter) Free

Misc fittings Free

Everyone on here will tell you the unit was worth the money by far not counting the extras I was giving you.Also the truth be told tell them about all the written material I said I would give you and answer any question you had in the future.....

In closing don't forget to mention I spent 1 hr and a half explaining how a maching works,maintenance,how to regulate your pressure,what pressure to use on what ect ect and THEn after all that you tell me the maching is too much for you and after you sent me email on how to make bill of sale.....Dont know how long you been in Texas but your word should be your bond.......So have a Great Day and good luck on your new Business.

Sorry guys Just had to get the Real Story Out there......