Stuart Nabors

injector problem

Question

Any ideas why the ball on my downstream injector would continue to get stuck? After this first started happening, I replaced the spring, ball, and o-ring....but no help. I put on a new injector, and it's still happening. I can pop the ball loose when it gets stuck.....but every time I start back up, the ball gets stuck again. Sound familiar to anyone? Thanks!

22 answers to this question

How do you know the ball is sticking?

You could have a water flow problem,less than adequate to cause the pressure drop to start the chems into the injector.

The other thing could be the rubber seat in the injector is gummy or has turned less rigid and is causing it.Check the seat,but also check the water flow too.

My guess is that the ball (steel) has corroded - not unusual. The solution is to replace the steel ball with a ceramic ball. There are several sizes, so make sure you get the right one. The spring will also corrode and eventually break, so get some of them too.

Are you saying that the new injector is also not working? Did it ever work? If not, make sure that the arrow on the injector points in the direction of the flow.

I have machine with 3500 psi and 8gpm with gp fixed 3-5gpm injector..my problem is it was working fine but all sudden injector stop working after or during one job. I have checked the spike before injector and its 400psi but checked it right before the gun and its about 1000psi of pike..not sure if that's norm.,any that can give me tips on what to check? Thanks

I have machine with 3500 psi and 8gpm with gp fixed 3-5gpm injector..my problem is it was working fine but all sudden injector stop working after or during one job. I have checked the spike before injector and its 400psi but checked it right before the gun and its about 1000psi of pike..not sure if that's norm.,any that can give me tips on what to check? Thanks

I have a 3000psi/8gpm rig and I have stopped trying to "fix" downstreamers. I buy the non-quick connect injectors from Northern for less than $20 each and just replace them when they fail. I do flush them after each downstreaming session.

We seem to have fixed the problem.  We have a 5 gallon bucket of water that we put the siphon tube in.  We run that through the hose while we put stuff away.  Sometimes, I will use hot water to rinse the injector.  We also have a special tool when the injector stops working.  Remove the hose, & the hose barb.   Take a pull pin from a fire extinguisher.  Use the pull pin to push the ball free. 

I have been having a lot of chemical injector problems lately.  I have an 8gpm/3000psi machine and don't seem to be able to keep a GP high draw injector going more that a couple of days.  I rinse it out after every job.  When they are only a couple of days old the ball isn't pitted.  But it is usually pitted after a couple of weeks.  What injectors would you consider the "BEST"?  Also what size injector should I get?  I am using the 2.1 and running 200' of hose.  When I first got my machine, I may have used 3-4 injectors all year,  lately I am doing good if one will last a week.  Very frustrating!!!! 

Anybody have any experience with the chemical remote control unit (kinda pricey)?

Thanks in advance for your replies!!! 

ckeener,

I just bought a super suds sucker.  It didn't come with any instructions, and three loose parts (screw with hole in middle). Do u know which part for a 8gpm?

Cleaner,

These three pieces, I don't think go in the soap tube portion of the injector. I think they go into your pressure washing hose side of the injector. Each piece has a different size hole in it. Is the largest one for 8gpm machines?

If you are constantly going through chemical injectors, check the psi of your pump.  When mine was going through several a week, I found that my pressure had be increased from 3000 to 5000. Adjusted the pump back to  3000 psi and everything started working correctly. I think one of my helper twisted the unloaded.