Sign in to follow this  
FLEETWASHDUDE

downstream injector not working

This is the second downstream injector I have tried today and nothing. I can say it will pull chemical if the tip is off the gun. I am buying from our local hydro tek dealer. Same problem on either injector I have tried today. Any ideas? I dont want to drive back down there.

Since they new they wouldn't be clogged. Other reasons could be too thick a chem, too long a hose like longer than a couple hundred feet, but more likely wrong size soap tip/orifice size. Also there is certain model trigger guns known to work better.

Steamer needs to see pressure difference and since ya say it works with no tip than I assume you'll get it working if you address some of these things mentioned. Might take a combo of them. Some also say they get better results with streamer away from unloader a bit like directly off the hose reel.

Run your set up and the first ( closest) convienent break in the line put the down streamer in and see if it works. If it works with out the gun you have a blockage or restriction somewhere beyond the down streamer. all DS should work with less than 600 PSI pressure . Think it through. if you have a reel check the jumper and clean the swivel on the reel. Check each hose and make sure the ends are not kninked. Pull the ball and spring from your trigger gun and clean them as well also. Work from one end to the next and see where you can clean the system up and go from there.

Ok, I only wash fleet, I dont use quick connects, everything is plumbed, no trigger gun, only open gun, 100 ft. of hose. I read somewhere that you cant run much pressure when downstreaming. I upstream all soap and will continue to keep the valve for that. I am only using the downstreamer for pulling acid. I didnt know that I needed to change my tip to keep the psi down. I just got back from home depot and got a soap nozzle, its huge and should work but now need a quick connect to make the tip work.

wHta di dy do buy that soap nozzle thingy there by Dewalt. I been itching to try that but it looks flimzy and it draws at the gun if not mistaken...take it back. So yea it seems your spoiled with upstreaming and didn't realize some things. Once you switch over to a triggered gun/wand setup with the small femail quik connect off the wand tip you can do this dwnstreaming thing justice. Process is as simple as letting go the trigger and sticking in whatever 1/4 spray tip ya like from pressure wash or spray supply company. Can do by way of the colored tip kits with the quikconnect male part already attached to nozzle tips or make them yerself. What you'll like is you don't have to goto machine and pull chem hose or turn it off.. Ya just stick in the larger orifice tip that drops pressure allowing soap to be sucked. Since yer lower pressure in doing fleets you can tailor your main pressure to anywhere you desire like 1500psi or whatever..Ony need two tips

EDIT: Pic shows 1/4meg threaded nozzles and barbs that you screw into the little qukies. These are all I need for many chores of soaping, fan rinsing by way of sqweezed barbs, or long distance rinsing.

post-2209-137772232769_thumb.jpg

post-2209-137772232777_thumb.jpg

Edited by MMI Enterprises

sounds good. Just switching the tip would be great to stop the acid flow but pulling in that trigger all day washing trucks sounds painful. p.s. the soap nozzle at home depot is flimzy looking and I cant believe I paid that much for it. $20 .

Edited by FLEETWASHDUDE

nah.. yer only runnin 3-5gpm and should be at a lower psi than most high pressure guys so I fail to see issue with using a trigger gun. Think they do make triggers that will stay on kinda like what a gas pump would use. If not just use one of those extension cord clamp thingies that tighten up like a hand cuff. Guess ya could use a ball valve also...

Seriousley though ya just let yer water flow out now with no valving at all or what?

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Yes Russ he failed to go over this with me. In fact, he didnt know what a downstreamer looked like until I pointed one out to him. He is new though and made it clear he doesnt know anything about what he does for a living. Its all good.

We upstream soap and down stream acid as well. I welded two 1/4" plugs together and have a HP nozzle on on one side and soap nozzle on the other, works great. I also run my hose to a ball valve then have a 9degree elbow with my wand attached so that when I need to change my tips I just close the ball valve yet while I am washing I am not holding a trigger open all day. I also run some other good fleet wands PM me if you want some ideas.

Yea one might think welding two together would add too much weight but they do make a rollover type double nozzle pretty much the same weight and I didn't notice while useing it really. It worked great for the purpose of switching between soap and pressure. Rollover seemed to present some problem or other with flow or such though so I ditched it.