Sign in to follow this  
Wayne G.

Ball valve for high pressure and flow

I have an 8gpm/3000psi setup with a Steel Eagle surface cleaner for cleaning flat surfaces. Have tried many different ball valves and the best one I have found (Parker v-500hp-6) rated for 6000psi does not leak, but becomes very hard to turn after a few jobs. I do not ever "throttle" this valve... it is either wide open or closed. Anybody have suggestions on a better ball valve for this application.

I have used those ballvalves that Russ is showing for over a year now,running chlorine and degreaser through them and they last. They are heavier than most ball valves but well worth the extra weight.icon7.gif

That is the same ball valve I use too.

I mostly use just the ball valve for house washes too. I have been doing them that way for over 2.5 years now and rarely do I need to use the wand/gun unless I need to use a nozzle to shoot up higher.

Russ, do they make a kit so you can rebuild those ball valves?

There are a couple different ball valves available that we carry as well if you need a higher pressure rating.

There is a carbon steel rated for 3000 psi with a long handle. Then you have the High pressure ball valves rated for 7500 psi (on sale this month) as well as the 6000 psi stainless steel ball valves (also on sale).

post-1827-137772234124_thumb.jpg

post-1827-137772234128_thumb.jpg

post-1827-137772234129_thumb.jpg

I asked Dan but he not attending thread apparently...So I ask how the rest of ya use these valves.

Since I use female quikies on gun and surfacer inlet I guess it would be perfect to attach one end of valve to my hose and then the outlet would have my male plug/probe. Plug don't make for much of a spray tip though so unsure exactly what Dan means..

I use the brass swivel with plug/coupler and I put a plug on the end of the hose.

On the Ball valve, I put a coupler on the inlet and plug on the outlet.

This way I can attach the swivel to the end of the hose and the ball valve to the swivel.

On my guns and surface cleaners I have a coupler so I can attach the ball valve to them so I do not have to shut down the engine to switch from gun to surface cleaner.

Using the ball valve like a gun, it will spray from a stream to a slight fan when you open/close the ball valve. I usually do house washes with just the ball valve.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanx Chris!..Makes close to perfect sense and is same format/direction that I'm set for. I really need to get the valve as I am tired of walking back to machine. Is the swivel you mention handy in that it swivels after being tightend and takes place of a standard coupler or ya talking about the kind that allow the hose to turn only while yer tightening the fittings? If it swivels in use is it durable? (..Maybe Paul or Russ has pic or models for that part too?) I'm going from standard male hose ends to a no swivel female pipe coupler in order to hook to male plug.

Btw , changed my heater hoses out and boy do places vary on making them up. Prices varied from $65-$140 for two 5 footers. I noticed how it is for sure best to keep the hose swedged ends as standard male ends and use the $2 swivel couplers that I think we are talkign about above on the ends to get to the coil ends or to plugs. Oh and Napa was way expensive at close to $8 per foot for the hoseing. Rubber hose making place was way better in all respects...

Edited by MMI Enterprises

There are several different types of swivels available.

There is a standard swivel that is more for connecting hoses, it is still movable under pressure but it takes intentional effort.

If you want a live action swivel I would recommend the Mosmatic swivel which has a dual bearing design as will move freely under full pressure. The Mosmatic is also available in mpt-fpt, mpt-mpt, and fpt-fpt configurations, I don't show them on my site bet we can get them.

post-1827-137772234536_thumb.jpg

post-1827-137772234539_thumb.jpg

Paul, Coulda saved big with your jumper hoses over having them made local even with a shipping charge. Woulda been about same though after the coupler pricing difference unless you got $2 versions. More than likely some these places though are doing almost a gimme on such stuff to secure larger business dealings like machine purchases or whatever. Might go back couple months from now and experience something totally different.. Sure seems to pay to go mail order and keep backups stocked.

Absolutely when I started buying years ago via mail order I was amazed at how much I saved over a years time...nearly 50% over my local suppler including shipping charges. The best way is to plan ahead to keep what you need in stock, and I found that bulk ordering saves a ton too (less overall shipping charges).

As far as couplers go they are on sale this month too a 3/8 coupler plug set is only $2.58 ($1.99 coupler and $.59 plug)

Paul, I have a question about the duct spinnner from Mosmatic. You have a listing for a 3 nozzle spinner, but the picture shows a standard 2-arm spinner. Where is the 3rd nozzle? Does it spray out the center of the spinner? If so, what good is a nozzles spraying down the duct?

Kevin,

Check valves are not required if you are running a trap style unloader as they have a built in check valve. If you are running a flow unloader you must have them to prevent damage to either machine.

Douglas,

You are correct the 3rd nozzle sprays out of the center of the swivel straight down. They use it for a flushing out effect to push the loose debris form the duct.

Here are some pics of the couplers.

post-1827-137772234639_thumb.jpg

post-1827-13777223464_thumb.jpg

post-1827-137772234641_thumb.jpg

post-1827-137772234642_thumb.jpg

I asked Dan but he not attending thread apparently...So I ask how the rest of ya use these valves.

Since I use female quikies on gun and surfacer inlet I guess it would be perfect to attach one end of valve to my hose and then the outlet would have my male plug/probe. Plug don't make for much of a spray tip though so unsure exactly what Dan means..

Just "choke" the valve to the point that it will shoot distance but not create enough back pressure to stop drawing from Down streamer.

[yt]vZ9SWMmMX2k[/yt]

Michael,

Ahhh similar to the ol'e folding over of the garden hose effect. Enough pressure made to where it shoots right on past the internal space a plug or fitting presents on the end..

btw, anybody ever just hook their DSer into a house supply and run it off the garden hose for roofs or house washing?..lol. Mostly the chems doing te work anyways..:)

Paul, Did you go back and change that coupler/plug sentance?. I took it that we were still talking about threaded couplers and swivels when asking for pics (ftp-ftp).

But hey that sounds a great deal on the quikies. I should get like 10 of them. Currently use 5 per machine what with DSer and surfacer.

Edited by MMI Enterprises