Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Gene

Home Show

I have rented a booth in the local Home and Landscape Show. This will be my first show and thought I might get some Ideas from others who have done this. My plan is A 6ft banner attached to the table, a 22inch flat screen that will play my before and after video, postcards , business cards several flyers,free pens, notebooks, and maybe have them sign up for free house wash. Take all the cards filled out and follow up after show for estmates ect ect...Whatcha think?

I have rented a booth in the local Home and Landscape Show. This will be my first show and thought I might get some Ideas from others who have done this. My plan is A 6ft banner attached to the table, a 22inch flat screen that will play my before and after video, postcards , business cards several flyers,free pens, notebooks, and maybe have them sign up for free house wash. Take all the cards filled out and follow up after show for estmates ect ect...Whatcha think?

I would put the banner across the back of the pipe and drape, so people coming down the isle can see it clearly. If it is in front of the table, it will be blocked from view by people in front of it, and also people look up for signs, not so much down. Get a cheap flame retardant table cloth in one of your company colors to compliment the banner above. Center the monitor on the table, run the show in a loop. Ask the show people if attendees are provided with tear cards at sign in, which have their info and people will gladly give you. People are not wild about filling things out, be prepared to write FOR them. Make sure your table is not so cluttered that it looks untouched.

Beth :cup:

My biggest piece of advice is to work he crowd. We exhibit in about 7 shows a year and year after year I find it amazing that the people working the booth just sit there watching people walk by. We pull well over 300 estimates out of the spring shows every year because we force feed and engage the crowds. Last year we had 3 guys (including myself) manning one show and I can remember the guy across the way just shaking his head as we pulled in 13 estimates in about 5 minutes. After seeing that he stood at the edge of his booth and started working it :) Then the vendors complain about the results the show had and they cannot figure out why!

Good Luck!

I did it last year spring and fall. We had a good spot and worked the crowd. Gave out pens n post cards, had a raffle for a free housewash. It definetly worked. I wont do it again, because I personally hated being mr happy salesman for two 8 hr days. I could have spent the $2000 I paid on other advertising and got the same amount of leads and could be out working instead. To each their own.

I would put the banner across the back of the pipe and drape, so people coming down the isle can see it clearly. If it is in front of the table, it will be blocked from view by people in front of it, and also people look up for signs, not so much down. Get a cheap flame retardant table cloth in one of your company colors to compliment the banner above. Center the monitor on the table, run the show in a loop. Ask the show people if attendees are provided with tear cards at sign in, which have their info and people will gladly give you. People are not wild about filling things out, be prepared to write FOR them. Make sure your table is not so cluttered that it looks untouched.

Beth :cup:

Thx Beth ...Good ideas...Now to design a registration card....

Oh! One other thing....get a small dish of candy or a basket, and hold while you are on the edge of the booth near the isle. Stick business cards in with it. When kids go by let them see the candy. They will want a piece, and you can jokingly say yes you may and I have something for mom/dad too, and hand them a card, strike up a conversation. The parents have a few minutes while the kid has candy. Works like a charm!

Beth

p.s. some kids are allergic to nuts, so stay away for those candies.

I did it last year spring and fall. We had a good spot and worked the crowd. Gave out pens n post cards, had a raffle for a free housewash. It definetly worked. I wont do it again, because I personally hated being mr happy salesman for two 8 hr days. I could have spent the $2000 I paid on other advertising and got the same amount of leads and could be out working instead. To each their own.

These shows are easily our BEST return on investment around here. I can spend $8K on doing home shows and pull $150K in work out of them over the season. It's a no brainer. The shows do wear on ya but in that case you may consider finding some happy clam to represent you at the shows and work them. I had to use my lead guy last year on one show and even he pulled some nice leads for us and he's definately an "in the field" guy. I paid him $10 per confirmed lead (meaning we set an appointment for a estimate) and he came back with twenty something leads for the day by himself. Big $$$ to be made in my experience.

Edited by Greg R