Sign in to follow this  
4000psi

New estimate sheet

I just finnished my new estimate sheet. I'm going to get it printed in two way at staples soon. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

post-3235-137772236584_thumb.jpg

Edited by 4000psi

I like the layout. Simple. I can only speak for myself; I don't break down my bid into labor and materials. I may break it down into parts of a job ie: deck, fence, house wash but I don't break out labor and materials. The customers don't really care about that, they just want to know how much the job will cost them and what will be done. I'll certainly break it down for my purposes to track my costs though. Just my way of doing things.

I like it. I also do not break out the various components of the job, but I rarely have any additional equipment fees. It is probably a good idea to have a line specifically for that. According to State Law, I have to have a notice of cancellation rights adjacent to the customer signature with start and finish date information.

I need to design mine. I have 3 different estimate sheets I use depending on what type of work I am doing. I need something more basic that could be used for what I need at the time. Guess I have some work to do now.

To protect yourself I would ad a Waiver/Disclaimer stating what you are not responsible for (just list whatever you foresee that can happen during the wash process) but can not be detected during the pre-cleaning inspection.

I would also ad the following message; Customer is responsible for balance on this service contract. In cases regarding unpaid balances where such disputes lead to extra cost in pursuit of balance due wherein collections, customer is liable for all such costs incurred. All jobs are COD unless prior approval was established by (your company rep)It is our pledge to render, careful, thorough, professional service, using reasonable care to obtain satisfactory results. In most cases 100% stain removal is achieved. However, because of the nature of the stains it is impossible to guarantee total color restoration. Factors of installation and/or deterioration that are disguised cannot be predicted in the hand of even the most careful workman. signature indicates that customer has read understand and agrees with these provisions giving (your company name) representative permission to perform the work specified.

Sign here____________________________________________

This may seam harsh but believe me it will be beneficial for you.

Trust them all you want but in a court of law if there is a dispute you must have a signed contract ( your workorder is not a contract unless it stated on the workorder) to verify your word against theirs. After 9 years in business I have only had one bad check and when we went to court with this signed contract I was awarded all funds without having to pay one cent.

If you break down on paper the various components of the job cost it provides the customer a way to shop you against the competitors. i would explain everything that I will be doing to perform the service without giving them a breakdown of cost.

My first estimates were so confusing. I had check boxes for every type of cleaning. This way I can customize and list every thing that applies to them in particular without having to sift through the other stuff. I like the message too cleanrx.

Cleanrx (before you get hounded by the admins you might fill out your signature. thanks man.)

If you had a laptop, and a printer, you could print out a customized estimate in 10 or 15 minutes. Keep your estimate in Word, with all the types of work you do. Cut and paste to a new estimate and then delete any parts that do not pertian to that job. "Save" the estimate as changed, and print it.

Mine also do not have equipt etc... I normally just put-Total price includes all materials, labor and taxes.

I would also exclude the % off part. (unless you give a % off to every customer.) You can always write the % off off to the side for those to whom you are giving it to. If I saw that on an estimate and ther was nothing in the box I would be asking ,why not me? other than that I like it alot. Looks good. It's very simular to the 3 part proposal sheets I get from staples. 50 for aprox $18.00. I just rubber stamp them on the top left corner.

I thought about doing the pre printed proposals but I like having my own custom sheet with my logo. Sometimes little things like that set you apart. I apreciate all your input, I think I will just add a total and forget the extras. The reason I had the % box was because I have so manny military clients who get my military discount. But like you said I can just write that on the side.

Andrew i'll send you a copy if you like. pm me your email.

I thought about doing the pre printed proposals but I like having my own custom sheet with my logo. Sometimes little things like that set you apart. I apreciate all your input, I think I will just add a total and forget the extras. The reason I had the % box was because I have so manny military clients who get my military discount. But like you said I can just write that on the side.

Andrew i'll send you a copy if you like. pm me your email.

Dane -

Why don't you an electronic version instead of the duplicate forms? Much easier to track down the road than through a filing cabinet. Make something up in Excel, and save each estimate in a PDF format.

Keep it on a laptop in your vehicle and print with a portable printer while you are at the house.

PM me if you want to see my version...

I agree it smart to get legal protections down and to try and define or make clear what should be expected. Personally I try to simplify the language to where it doesn't limit by way of specifics.

((biz) makes no explicit statement of outcome of work performed while client accepts full responsability of the substrates ability to endure the active (stripping) methods described above.)