Sign in to follow this  
AC Lockyer

Awning Cleaning, Orlando, Florida. Using Mallard System

Question

Did this awning on a commercial building using the Mallard System for soft wash cleaning.

I think it came out pretty good:) Here are a few pix.

AC

awning%20wintersprings%20(15)-m.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20(16)-m.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20(17)-m.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20(19)-m.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20left%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20pole%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20right%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20side%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20under-1%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20under-2%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20under-3%20b4-aft.jpg

These awnings were cleaned without any kind of pressure washer. They were cleaned totally chemically with the Mallard System which will last 4 to 6 times longer than pressure washing.

47 answers to this question

i agree. kudos to him. i think he is probably the originator of the low pressure roof cleaning procedure and my hat is off. but let's back up to " All of the soft wash bleach jockys out there have tried to mirror the Mallard Systems performance." personally, i am a soft washer jockey myself and i find this comment to be a little snippy. i am not trying to mirror anyone's performance except my own.

rando

Edited by douseahouse

I think a lot of the things that are known about roof cleaning comes from Mallard.I have seen his name around and actually read a bio about his business.I believe he does deserve some respect on this board.He has a lot of knowledge to share if he choses.I don't know that patronizing him is the way to get him to open up and share his ideas.

His company has probably done more roof cleanings then anyone that I have heard of.

I'm always amused when someone get on this and other boards and posts a pic or makes a statement, and if they are not a high number poster or on every board there is,people jump on em and attack what they say as if they don't know anything or they are trying to pass something over on us all.

The thing that amazes me is most people know what chem works for them and most of the OLD TIMERS still think its a secret. WELL the secret has been out for a long time. Most have their OWN formula but for the most part it is the same ingredients. This BBS is all about teaching others the correct way to cleaning and if Someone post pics of a BEFORE and AFTER I think they need to TEACH the NEWBIES (if asked) how they achieved those results. If I am wrong someone PLEASE correct me.

I think a lot of the things that are known about roof cleaning comes from Mallard.I have seen his name around and actually read a bio about his business.I believe he does deserve some respect on this board.He has a lot of knowledge to share if he choses.I don't know that patronizing him is the way to get him to open up and share his ideas.

His company has probably done more roof cleanings then anyone that I have heard of.

I'm always amused when someone get on this and other boards and posts a pic or makes a statement, and if they are not a high number poster or on every board there is,people jump on em and attack what they say as if they don't know anything or they are trying to pass something over on us all.

Slow down. He posted before/after pics of an awning cleaning. A lot of us can do the same thing, with low pressure and SH - nothing new. To claim that the "Mallard" system lasts 4-6 times longer without his reasoning or methods, is pretty pointless.

I didn't criticize his business or anything else. I could do the same thing on these boards - post some pics, give my cleaning a fancy name that claims to last longer, and then not follow up with any facts.

Bottom line, it isn't anything that "bleach jockeys" don't do on a daily basis, without the goofy jumpsuits.

Yea I would love to know also, the pump I am using is lasting over 2 years and is 290 psi 4.3 gpm without an air compressor,and is proved to be a chlorine pumping machine,without incedent.

What I do not understand is he is showing pics from the 90's. Where and why is "The Mallard System" not around anymore if it was so great??? The pics posted are definately impressive.

Ahhhhhhhhhh those awning pix are from Jan 2009........ Did I miss something?

AC

Thanks for the defense! Its appreciated. Thanks to all of the good comments.

I get the same load of rations from negitive people on the fishing forums too. Seems like when anyone is successfull there is a line of people wanting to kick them in the stones.

Ill open up on alot of topics. Id love to come out to a meeting sometime and teach some classes or seminars. There is so enough work out there for all of us!

AC

Thanks for the defense! Its appreciated. Thanks to all of the good comments.

I get the same load of rations from negitive people on the fishing forums too. Seems like when anyone is successfull there is a line of people wanting to kick them in the stones.

Ill open up on alot of topics. Id love to come out to a meeting sometime and teach some classes or seminars. There is so enough work out there for all of us!

AC

Hey AC. Would you be interested coming to Texas in May for a get together? lol

Ive got the chems and methods and everything down. All that is easy stuff. I want to talk to someone about what really matters: The marketing and selling of roof cleaning. We do pretty good, but we're not doing 6 roofs a day. And we definately dont have 40 trucks or 100 employees. lol.

Edited by ScottD.

Hey AC. Would you be interested coming to Texas in May for a get together? lol

Ive got the chems and methods and everything down. All that is easy stuff. I want to talk to someone about what really matters: The marketing and selling of roof cleaning. We do pretty good, but we're not doing 6 roofs a day. And we definately dont have 40 trucks or 100 employees. lol.

Sounds like you found the real deal, That no one man show trying to be more than what they are.

Exciting to come to TX to see a roof cleaning contractor thats been in biz more than 2 years.

Scott , concrats on your success....

Edited by Ron Musgraves

Sounds like you found the real deal, That no one man show trying to be more than what they are.

Exciting to come to TX to see a roof cleaning contractor thats been in biz more than 2 years.

Scott , concrats on your success....

I think I lost something in translation. Sounds like a compliment though, so thanks Ron. lol

Edited by ScottD.

Nice pictures and this was a good thing in Orlando. Roof cleaning contractors got much response from this!! By the way, have you heard of MiNeeds.com? It really simplifies finding affordable cleaners. I used it to find them for my building and roof. Essentially, after I described what I needed on this site, I received several competitive bids from local cleaners. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to call around and negotiate with each, and that cleaners actually came to me.

Orlando Cleaning Services - Get Bids & Save | MiNeeds

Edited by Micah027

This system got very popular in Orlando and seeking for the services from cleaners. By the way, have you heard of MiNeeds.com? It really simplifies finding affordable cleaners. I used it to find them for my home and garden. Essentially, after I described what I needed on this site, I received several competitive bids from local cleaners. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to call around and negotiate with each, and that they actually came to me.

Orlando Cleaning Services - Get Bids & Save | MiNeeds

Every pic he posted on this and another bb is just a big empty box with a red x in the top left corner on my end Mel. I saw the pics yesterday and earlier today but now,, Pooof,,, They are gone. :confused:
There still there guy, I can see everyone.

Terra, can't ridicule your success but lost a job to you 4 miles from my door. You are located 200 miles away from the job and beat my price. Madison chase community. You sure you are making money with duck sauce? They had very little gutters and you left the landscape dead and drip lines all over the walls. Not sure if you knew that, but just making you aware. If you sub contracted that one, make sure they are a little more careful. Might be repainting for the next job. I'm not bitter just don't appreciate out of town LOW ballers. Looked like a splash and dash back to Terra county to me. No special chems were used for that job. What's crazy is I cleaned that community 5 years ago for 30% more than what I bid this year.

Did this awning on a commercial building using the Mallard System for soft wash cleaning.

I think it came out pretty good:) Here are a few pix.

AC

awning%20wintersprings%20(15)-m.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20(16)-m.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20(17)-m.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20(19)-m.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20left%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20pole%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20right%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20side%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20under-1%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20under-2%20b4-aft.jpg

awning%20wintersprings%20under-3%20b4-aft.jpg

These awnings were cleaned without any kind of pressure washer. They were cleaned totally chemically with the Mallard System which will last 4 to 6 times longer than pressure washing.

That cleaning came out really good.

here is the a to your q

The Mallard System is more like pest control than pressure washing. All of the soft wash bleach jockys out there have tried to mirror the Mallard Systems performance.

Bleach and water doesnt get the results the Mallard Systems chemicals do!

It is applied like a pest control truck would spray a yard. It has some bleach in it. However the bleach is added only to get an instant clean on the surface. High levels of bleach will damage surfaces.

The added chemicals have algacides, fungicides and spore blockers. Also included are surfactants and other cleaning agents.

The "Duck Sauce" is 100% biodegradeable becoming carbon and or water within 10 days of its intro to the enviroment.

We dont sell it so this wasnt a ploy or ad to sell our system.

I started the Mallard System in 1992 and at one time had 100 employees in 3 branches and did 5 mil a year in roof cleaning.

here is a pic of our Orlando branch in 1999,

Mallard%20Orlando%2098.gif

Thanks for the questions,

AC

Duck sauce , I had never read that ?

Text me anytime for question 480-522-5227