Sign in to follow this  
drod17

BE Surface cleaners

Question

Does anyone own a BE surface cleaners? If so, how are they performing? I have my eye on a 16" for $280.00 brand new,but would like some info before the investment. I would like to spend at the most $350.00 as i am just starting out. I own a belt drive 3.5gpm 4000psi 13 hp pw. Any input would be greatly appreciated..

6 answers to this question

i have a 16" be that i bought used on ebay. and, as a matter of fact i just looked and there is one for sale for 169 with free shipping right now. it paid for itself immediately. i recently sent it to russ johnson over at southside equipment and he rebuilt the swivel for me at a reasonable cost. i bought a new 20" be before xmas again on ebay and have been very happy with this one too. the 20" is now my main and the 16" is my backup.

good luck,

rando

I bought one quite a while back as a spare from Dultmeier (local) and it has worked as advertized. I'm no fan of attached guns, but it works pretty well off my 4gpm hot machine.

Not many hours on it, though, so I cn't say whether it is a long-termer.

Hi

My s/c is a 20" ss, originally with grease-able bearing by BE.

If you get a grease-able bearing (it will have a grease nipple on the top) give it lots of grease regularly - or better still attach a self greaser (spring loaded canister full of grease). I greased mine "regularly" but still have worn out two bearing in three years, one was so badly worn that the entire assembly had to be replaced (very expensive!). My final solution was to replace it with a sealed Mosmatic swivel which has lasted three big years and is only now starting to wobble and leak.

I have the 16" and it works just fine. Keep the swivel full of grease. Mine even "fell" off my trailer at 60 mph and still worked. No complaints here.

Kemp