Sign in to follow this  
John Doherty

Flat Hose Question

Lugging hose is killing me, I do 4-5 new homes a day and lugging and rolling up the hose is killing me! Use 2, one is for fill the other for waste water. Considering 1.5" flat hose, seems easier to deal with, (lighter). Anyone use these? Thinking the fill won't be a problem, houses here put out about 8-10 gpm, wondering about my sump as to the larger inner diameter and moving the water. Going to buy one for the fill and will test it for both, but I'd rather save the time and shipping cost and just order 2. How about hand held reels any info?

Any comments are, as always, appreciated.

Best Regards,

JD

One thing to consider is that it may be necessary to unroll the entire length of flat hose in order to allow water to flow through. I have no first hand experience, just a thought.

If you use flat hose, it will need to be unrolled completely, and any curves in the hose will need a larger arc.

You may find it is more trouble than it is worth. I tried flat hose on my sump pump and it was a nightmare.

As far as storage, I keep mine on a hand held electrical cord reel. I have used it as a back up but for the most part it just stays put.

Good points, thanks guys! Didn't even think about the full unroll! I'm going to try one as all the homes are a straight shot from the water to the street usually 60' to 70', will try a 50' and 25'.

Thanks Again!!!

JD