Sign in to follow this  
Rodgers12

What should I use for 2 and 3rd story houses?

Question

21 answers to this question

oo30 0040 0050 all work great with 2nd to 3rd story homes. Whats the gpm's you are using because that will make a diffarence also if you are dsing you can rinse with those tips also by putting alittle plastic ball vavle on the ds hose and switching it off when rinsing.

Edited by PPC

I see alot of people talking about downstreaming with 0030-0040 nozzles for distance. I'm not a downstreamer, but I am looking at adding this to my application methods, so excuse my ignorance when asking questions pertaining to downstreaming.

I thought 0030-0040 nozzles were high pressure nozzles,.. if used on a 3-4 GPM machine?

My understanding of downstreaming is it works off of low pressure,...so how are you guys making these particular nozzles work for applying soap?

Thanks,

Jeff

I see alot of people talking about downstreaming with 0030-0040 nozzles for distance. I'm not a downstreamer, but I am looking at adding this to my application methods, so excuse my ignorance when asking questions pertaining to downstreaming.

I thought 0030-0040 nozzles were high pressure nozzles,.. if used on a 3-4 GPM machine?

My understanding of downstreaming is it works off of low pressure,...so how are you guys making these particular nozzles work for applying soap?

Thanks,

Jeff

00 means degree angle is zero and 30 orifice size of the nozzle. Downstream works off the water pressure going across the top of the valve on the injector so with soap nozzle in place or pretty much any large orifice nozzle on the lance it will drop the pressure alow soap to enter into you pressure hose to out shot on to what you are to clean.

Thanks,

Jeff

Air chucks will screw into a 1/4" quick connects with female threads. You could also drill-out a 0 deg tip, but I like the air chucks. Just about any auto parts shop will carry them. There are several sizes available, try a few different ones, they're very inexpensive.

The last 0 tip I tried to drill out turned into a nightmare. I'm not sure what the metal was but, boy it was tough. Yes an 0030 will work just fine with a 4 gpm machine. I think I even have a 0020 that will shoot chemical. If it's windy though you're pretty much just out of there trying to go 3 stories, on a calm day with patience you'll be fine.

Ok, I was thinking these were typical high pressure nozzles that would be used,...which is why I was confused. But the suggestion of using an air chuck put it into perspective for me. I thought the numbers 0040 meant: 0 degree at 4 GPM.

Thanks,

Jeff

I should try downstreaming again. Thats what I used when I frst started and had crazy trouble with the injectors, the ball would want to stick, I tried different ones but all were the same, but was not really impressed with them.

I'll just stick to the X!!!

Pressuretek has them (as do a few other places). Here is their link to the bigger nozzles. Just drop down to the 20, 30, and 40 sizes. These are threaded, so you do need to buy the correct corresponding quick connect (QC) plug.

Spraying Systems Nozzles - 1/4" Meg Nozzles

Regarding draw - I can get my 4 GPM unit to pull up 150 feet of hose with a 0020 nozzle (though not as much as with a larger nozzle). On my 4.8 GPM, I need to use the 0030 or larger.

The other thing you can do is just buy a 1/8" hose barb x 1/4" MIP at Lowe's or Home Depot or where ever. They cost $2-3 and the orifice is about the same size as a 0040. As long as you have a 1/4" QC plug sitting around, you could test and see if your downstream injector is up to the task (I am assuming you have a high draw injector?)

I bought a 4" long, 1/4" pipe and tried that the other day, worked good, and had a hell of a draw too. I spent $15 on the injecter and $1.50 on the tube. I tested it on my hood machine, 2.7 gpm, 3000psi and almost got 3 stories. I threw a bit of dawn in the mix too and it foamed just as good as my foaming cannon did.

I pulled this thread up while searching what downstreaming was all about, Im a newbie. Anywho, I have a starter machine, 13hp Honda beltdrive w/cat pump, 3500psi @ 4 gpm.

Can someone please summarize what I would need, and where to get it, to downstream. I am finding the X-jet to be too much work.

Cheers

Check this link out... Downstreaming

Later I got a tip that had a smaller diameter that worked alot better. I can reach any two story. three stories with a 7' wand.

Dane

Edited by 4000psi

I pulled this thread up while searching what downstreaming was all about, Im a newbie. Anywho, I have a starter machine, 13hp Honda beltdrive w/cat pump, 3500psi @ 4 gpm.

Can someone please summarize what I would need, and where to get it, to downstream. I am finding the X-jet to be too much work.

Cheers

Welcome to the board!!

I'm a big X-jet lover but maybe I totally over work myself!! HA

I get 3 stories w/xjet attached to trigger only. Also I attach the container to a 2wheeler. Piece of cake.

As in most of the threads I have seen on this subject, it boils down to personal preference IMO.

Edited by Adrian