Sign in to follow this  
SMGPowerwashing

Where to get water?

Question

I have searched, but perhaps I have overlooked a thread concerning this matter.

Where do you guys get your water from (house well, fire hydrant). I was told I could get a meter from the township allowing me to use the water from a fire hydrant, and just pay the township accordingly. Before I went this route I was curious on other avenues that could be the most cost effective.

Thanks for all your help ahead of time!

7 answers to this question

you shouldn't need to. If you start filling when you get to the job, by the time you start spraying you will have plenty of water to work with. There was only one job that I did that didn't have a hook up. I just got water from a buddy nearby and gave him 20 bucks. you shouldn't have a problem unless your using like 20gpm.

Dane

I have run into this problem too. I can buy water from our city. I just go there and fill up. all i can carry for $10 haha not bad. To meter and backflow protect a hydrant is $400 and $2.75 every 750 gallons. but that is only 1 meter on 1 hydrant and ONLY in the warm months. Another more expensive option but an option non the less is cement companies. I can get water there for $ .10 a gallon they do fill with a 2" hose so it is quick. Crazy expensive in the relm of things! but I have a job that i need about 2500-3000 gallons. (fleet) and I cant use ther water.

$.10 per gallon? Wow is right!

Cost to average homeowner if I use their water = $5 per 1000 gallons. I might use that on a big house.

Cost if I have to bring water with no hookup on site = add $150. When you explain it that way, you can sort of predict how the customer will lean.