Sign in to follow this  
rick77

Xjet Soap Pail And Hose

Question

I've been using the Xjet and Xjet pail for about a year now. I'm wanting to get a longer hose for the Xjet soap pail but need some advice.

Is 50 feet too long for the soap hose? Will my chems still draw at this length?

Another question......have any of you fastened the power washer hose and the Xjet soap hose together along it's length to make it more like one single hose? It seems that this would work but I've yet to try it.

I'm thinking of maybe having a small bracket welded to my power washer to hold the 5 gallon Xjet pail so I don't have to carry it around. The pressure hose and soap hose would be braided together as one single hose and there would hopefully be no tangles to deal with.

I'm thinking why have a second hand truck for the bucket when you can just mount the bucket to the power washer frame which is pretty much a dolly. The pressure hose and soap hose would be 50 feet and braided together as one. I would have 50 feet of working distance from the power washer itself with just one double hose to deal with.

Any feedback and/or advice on this matter greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Richard Crocker

Ultra Clear Window Cleaning

Greenwood, SC

7 answers to this question

Like Celeste says down-streaming is sooo much easier and cheaper to setup. The X-Jet has it's place for very strong mixture concentrations but for 95% of house-washing the down-streamer is the way to go! Oh the X-Jet will pull chems 50' feet of hose.

I'd like to try downstreaming in time but for now I'm set up with Xjet and like it just fine. But I feel that even the Xjet can be made easier to use with the ideas I mentioned in the first post.

I'll let you guys know how it goes if I do these mods to my rig.

Thanks!

Yes, you can use a 50" hose for your Xjet setup and it will pull just fine. I had a setup with a 15 gallon tank mounted to a hand cart that I used for years and it worked great. I now downstream of course like mentioned earlier.

I did the cart thing as well when I used to "waste time" X-jetting, but now we also "save time" by down streaming like most around here.

I've been using the Xjet and Xjet pail for about a year now. I'm wanting to get a longer hose for the Xjet soap pail but need some advice.

Is 50 feet too long for the soap hose? Will my chems still draw at this length?

Another question......have any of you fastened the power washer hose and the Xjet soap hose together along it's length to make it more like one single hose? It seems that this would work but I've yet to try it.

I'm thinking of maybe having a small bracket welded to my power washer to hold the 5 gallon Xjet pail so I don't have to carry it around. The pressure hose and soap hose would be braided together as one single hose and there would hopefully be no tangles to deal with.

I'm thinking why have a second hand truck for the bucket when you can just mount the bucket to the power washer frame which is pretty much a dolly. The pressure hose and soap hose would be 50 feet and braided together as one. I would have 50 feet of working distance from the power washer itself with just one double hose to deal with.

Any feedback and/or advice on this matter greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Richard Crocker

Ultra Clear Window Cleaning

Greenwood, SC

Rick,

Sounds like what you are talking about could work for you if you are pulling your pressure washer around with you even though it seems like it would add a lot of weight to move around with a full pail. Most of our rigs are mounted on trailers and have our hoses on hose reels. I have 200' of hose on my reel and another 100' in the trailer.

The x-jet pulls easily through 50' of hose.

Rick,

Sounds like what you are talking about could work for you if you are pulling your pressure washer around with you even though it seems like it would add a lot of weight to move around with a full pail. Most of our rigs are mounted on trailers and have our hoses on hose reels. I have 200' of hose on my reel and another 100' in the trailer.

The x-jet pulls easily through 50' of hose.

You're correct, I am pulling my pressure washer around the house with me and it's a royal pain. I need to get the reel and hose so I can leave the machine on the truck.

I've already got 2 cox reels on my truck for my window cleaning with water fed pole. One has 150 feet of garden hose and the other 300 feet of water/air hose for my pure water system. If I had the right quick connect adapters I might could double up the use of the 300' air/water hose for both water fed pole and power washing.

But it's probably best that I get a seperate hose for the power washer. It sure would be nice to leave that thing on the truck! I'm just about 30-40 miles down the road from you. Do you know of a place around here that has good prices on the long high pressure hose? Or did you order yours?

Thanks for the info!