Sign in to follow this  
jmyrick11

Sprayer for AC

I'm basically finished my small deck that I did with AC Cedar Semi-trans...my in-laws may be interested in getting their deck done but there's is probably 3-4 times larger than mine. My question is if I do end up helping/doing this for them can you rent sprayers that I could use for the railings? Just don't know if I'd have the time do to all of their railings by brush...

Any help would be appreciated...

Edited by jmyrick11

I wouldn't recommend using a sprayer for deck sealing. To much to get over spray on. Check around for painting mitt's, there paint roller fabric on gloves they make spindles go much faster than brushing. just mop your hand in the sealer, grab a spindle and stroke it up and down.

I wouldn't recommend using a sprayer for deck sealing. To much to get over spray on. Check around for painting mitt's, there paint roller fabric on gloves they make spindles go much faster than brushing. just mop your hand in the sealer, grab a spindle and stroke it up and down.

Not saying your way doesn't work or incorrect, just know from experience the mits are not always feasible, they leave behind some fuzz and piles, and most of all, I hate getting splinters with stain on them. OUCH.

As for the original question, a pump sprayer will work fine but overspray is an issue. Pick up a couple of stain pads instead of brushes for application purposes and skip the sprayer if you do not want to deal with overspray and spontaneous combustion issues associated with tarps and plastic if you do not understand the procedures necessary to alleviate it.

Rod!~

Edited by Beth n Rod

If spraying is not an option, a I like foam roller (I like the 6" ones) and a 2 1/2 or 3" brush for nooks and crannies. I usually spray from the outside in. I also like the 4' rolls of paper along the house. (FYI almost only PTP.)