Sign in to follow this  
808powerwash

Hawaii Red Dirt

Question

Hi, I am a newb from Hawaii. We just started power washing to supplement our existing trade(Fencing). Many of the newer homes that we are installing fences at do not have their landscaping in yet. By the end of the job we track red dirt all over their new driveways. One guy stopped by and told me that he could pressure wash the driveway for us. I gave him $200 and let him have at it. He showed up with a cheap pressure washer, hose and a can of gas. He tried is best but it wasn't working out. I still gave him the money(everyones gotta eat)but did not use him again. We recently purchased a trailer mount hydrotek psi Hot/cold. I am wondering if any one has suggestions on chemicals to get this red dirt out. I am told it stains because of the high iron content. The rid dirt here is nasty its great to stain t shirts and sell them as souvenirs but it sucks on a brand new driveway. If anyone gives me a suggestion that works maybe i can send you a pineapple, macadamia nuts or a red dirt t shirt(HA HA).

I am amazed at the wealth of knowledge on this forum and wanted to say thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

Wow your progressing fast. You asked a Q, fixed your sig w/o being asked, and search to answer your own Q. You should do well here. welcome to TGS

Wow your progressing fast. You asked a Q, fixed your sig w/o being asked, and search to answer your own Q. You should do well here. welcome to TGS

WOW ya that's impressive. Welcome....