Sign in to follow this  
4000psi

Ultimate house wash uniform.

Question

Shirts that don't get bleached by bleach! I really hat whereing Tie-dyed T-shirts while I work. I was at target two days ago and picked up one of those under armer type shirts for running and used it durring some housewashes. They don't bleach out. NO spots. They have some collard ones that I am going to pick up as a new uniform. also as far as shorts go, I have been whereing my board shorts, surf shorts, quick drys, whatever you want to call them. They don't get effected by the bleach ether. They have to be Onneil, Quicksilver, Billabong, or Volcome, etc...They look good too. even after weeks/months of cleaning under bleach. I just got a pair of kahky bordies and a black collard shirt for a new uniform.

For what its worth,

Dane

7 answers to this question

Tan Dickies have worked the best for me Dane. $15.00 shirts, $15.00 pants , $12.00 shorts. They are very tough as well creeping through foliage with thorns and such.

But you have the agvantage of looking like a surfer anyways, so yours should work fine. Me.... being a little more "fuller, aged, and refined (lol) looking, the Dickies work best for me. Plus I can have my company logos sewn on for $8.00 each at the local seamstress. Am I a cheapo or what? At least I get the pro look w/o the higher cost of the uniforms. I feel customers appreciate a uniformed contractor vs. flip flops, tank top and cut off shorts. JMO.

The shirts, though more expensive, look better longer after multiple times with bleach. I had some polo's with my logo sewn on but they didn't last at all. Then I got printed t-shirts. I went through a dozen in less than a summer. Bleach, sealer/stain, rime. Image is one of the most important things in our industry. I'll try it this year and see what happens.

The Dickies stain resistant shirts & pants work well for me too.

I wish I could find a matching hat that is stain resistant. I've ruined several of my company hats when I forgot to take them off and put on an old no good hat while power washing.

Anybody know where I can find a nice kahki stain resistant hat?

Dickies are something like 60% poly / 40% cotton which makes them very good for bleach resistant.

The shorts is what I am having a hard time finding. I dont like dickies shorts, so I go through alot of khaki cargo shorts in a season.

We use 100% Poly shirts w/ our logo emboridered, (they cost us $7 to buy and $8 to embroider) and are 100% resistant to bleach. The under armor are awesome too, especially the polos for estimates and what not.

My staff and I have used the Dickies Pants and Shirts for years. They never bleach out. They are very stain resistant and they are very durable. We manufacture and distribute chemical products including 12% bleach. The bleach never harms the fabrics even when exposed undiluted.

My problem is that I spend the bulk of my time doing sales and I need a polo type shirt. I still get exposed to the bleach. The bleach ruins my polos. Has anyone found a bleach resistant polo?

My staff and I have used the Dickies Pants and Shirts for years. They never bleach out. They are very stain resistant and they are very durable. We manufacture and distribute chemical products including 12% bleach. The bleach never harms the fabrics even when exposed undiluted.

My problem is that I spend the bulk of my time doing sales and I need a polo type shirt. I still get exposed to the bleach. The bleach ruins my polos. Has anyone found a bleach resistant polo?

Welcome to TGS.

Please complete your signature line. House Rule #1.

Again, welcome.