Sign in to follow this  
GAPainter

downstreaming issue

Question

I bought a high draw chem injector from pressure tek rated for 3-5gpm a month or so ago. I tried it out about 2 weeks ago with not much success. I was running 150ft of hose on a 13hp 3800 psi 4 gpm machine(direct drive). I got it to draw if i turned down the pressure all the way(which is about what you are supposed to do?). I tried using a 0040 tip, black chem tip. Even with the 0040 tip i would only shoot maybe 10-15 ft.

I decided to buy an m5 xjet(which I did). I used it yesterday and I thought it was a real PITA. The hose kept coming out of the bucket, having to move the bucket LOTS of chem and remixing. I do realize I could mix more at a time, put on a cart, and fix it to where the hose won't come out of the bucket. It did do a good job cleaning and I much prefer it to ladders and a pumpup.

I would like to give the downstreaming another shot and maybe even another shot after that instead of hauling buckets Do any of you have any advice as to what the problem might be or if I just need to do something different?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

10 answers to this question

I will definitely look into another gun. I am just using the stock one at this time. Anything else that I should look into? I have been wanting to get another gun anyways. The one that I currently have is very tiresome on my hands. Thx for the advice Thad.

Running that much hose I would have probably went with the 2-3 gpm injector especially with a 4 gpm machine. I have a 5.5 machine and run the 2-3 injector. Have for right about a year now.

I have a 12 gpm gun in my shopping cart, just waiting to decide if I want to order other items before I send payment. I just bought an m5 xjet and now I am already looking to order again. any recommendations on a dual lance?

Running that much hose I would have probably went with the 2-3 gpm injector especially with a 4 gpm machine. I have a 5.5 machine and run the 2-3 injector. Have for right about a year now.

I had searched and saw where that could be an answer to my problem. I suppose they are cheap enough to just try it out? Out of curiosity, how long should my downstream injector hose be? I think I probably had to long of a hose.

I appreciate all of the advice and will now try them out. I certainly hope to get a handle on downstreaming over the xjet. The x jet did work very well, just not the route I want to take most of the time.

I have a 7500 sqft house with 3 decks coming up. Last time I did this house was with ladders and a pump up. It took me 10 hours with a helper. I am so ready to not go that route anymore. I also have a 9000sqft house to price. The market that I am trying to work in is pretty much houses of this size so I really need to come up with a better system. I underpriced this house last year. I guess I will do it for about the same with a small markup and hopefully it will go alot faster. I know it will bc I will use the xjet and a lot of chemicals before I use a pumpup sprayer again if I don't have the downstreaming down by then

Was your machine surging?If it doesn't get enough water from the tap it will not downstream.I have seen where I have to find a new tap or couple two together to make it pull.I also have to ask what way are the arrows pointing on the inductor?The filter on the downstreamer could also be the problem.

The black tip is NOT 0040, its usually 6540 or so. A 0040 is literally a large-bore zero degree tip. I buy air chucks with male threads and insert into 1/4" male quick connects with female threads. 150' should be no problem.

The black tip is NOT 0040, its usually 6540 or so. A 0040 is literally a large-bore zero degree tip. I buy air chucks with male threads and insert into 1/4" male quick connects with female threads. 150' should be no problem.

I realize that the black tip is not an 0040. I bought an 0040 from PT. My apologies if I made it sound as if I thought they were the same.

Cajun,

The washer was not surging and I did check the direction of the arrows. The arrows were right. I came home and searched to make sure it wasn't something stupid(which I guess it still could be) before I posted about it. I will try a different gun and probably shorten my draw hose.

Thanks again for your input guys.

the length of the chemical hose really does not matter. If you are running long lengths of pressure hose going down a size on the injector will help. A larger flow trigger gun will help also. If you really want to suck soap though get the Super Suds Sucker, it will work on up to 400' of hose.