Sign in to follow this  
jkevin

house wash

Question

did a couple of traiers today nasty gutter and soffit used a brush on them and pw on the resty of the house. standard dbl wides 28*32 or something like that a little over 2 hrs each. does that seem slow? if there is anyone in wisconsin i would like to tag along some time to see how somwone else does it. thanks

14 answers to this question

4gpm 12% granted only done bout half a dozen those gutters kicked my but even with krud cutter had to scrub pretty good . used the 12% at first 1.5 gal in a 5ver ws gonna try some chems from somebody but these were spur of the moment thing.

Don't beat yourself up over it.... :lgbonk: I've gone to do jobs that I should have been in and out and they have taken me WAY longer than expected. I Clean a lot of Manufactured and Mobile Homes. I've actually started thinking that these Houses hate me. LOL... I'm sure that the gutters is what really slowed you down. Many times I can do a regular House Washing on a 2 story home faster than I can on one of those Mobile or Manufactered Houses.

The 12% really does nothing to 'clean' the house it just kills the mold and mildew. Your best bet is to mix it with a good house soap and apply that to the surface to clean it.

You may want to come to the round table in Milwaukee in June, there will be a lot of people there that can help as well.

paul i forgot to mention i did have soap in there the dawn trick the house wash went good just the dam gutters.. i really would like to get to mill. but i have to work those days. unless i can make some "extra" money to cover them 2 days is there still room or is it close to the 75 ppl?

2hrs each doesn't sound like too long in 'real time' to me!

With mobiles, it's always something!!!

Best thing in a park is to get in there... then you hope to pick up others in close proximity which cuts down travel time.

Some are not so bad, and others... well, you can charge more for those!

Sell 'em on regularly scheduled cleanings!

now that i think about it i guess 2 hrs not bad had to shut pw to move around a few times and use the hose to rinse gutters but, i thought it would go quicker. more practice i guess

Were you washing the house or dishes?? If your washing a house try using a butyl degreaser like Power House it works really well on houses and it can be used to clean the outside of gutters too.

Most distributors sell products that are designed to wash houses and they do a much better job than something designed to wash dishes and leave your hands feeling soft.

If you got $300 per unit, that time is fine. I'm not saying this to be harsh, Kevin but this is just reality. If you are not grossing $150-$200 per hour in Wisconsin doing resi work, you had better have a decent job lined up for October-April.

Two hours for a dbl wide sounds slow to me, especially if it is vinyl like I'm assuming it is. In the past, even cleaning ones covered in funk and it would take no longer than maybe an hour or so.

We probably run higher volume machines than you but an average residential home in my area is about 2,500 square foot and we can usually clean it, and the gutters in about 65 minutes. The going prices in this area are 300-450 for a house that size depending on where the house is and how many weekend warriors are out offering to do it for 199.00.

I've been in business for twenty years now, maybe I should celebrate that and run a house washing special for $200.00? I wonder if they would mind?

will the power house remove move and mildew too? hard to get good money here small town i guess ppl are watching there pennys but it does not mean i am gonna give up. got my surface cleaner comeing soon going to try and get some flat work

will the power house remove move and mildew too? hard to get good money here small town i guess ppl are watching there pennys but it does not mean i am gonna give up. got my surface cleaner comeing soon going to try and get some flat work

You still need the SH with the soap.