Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Help with downstreaming!

Question

I would like to start downstreaming instead of using an xjet for house washing! I have a 3700 psi 4 gpm with 100 ft. of hose machine. What do I need to buy to start downstreaming? Can I use 300 ft. of hose? How much will it cost?

Thanks

Manny

21 answers to this question

I second that. He got me rigged up on my machine. I'm downstreaming with a smaller unit than you are with 250' of hose and love it.

We just washed a 3100 ft, 3 story home from the ground yesterday. Downstreaming is sweet. The only drawback is the 25 second wait time for the chem to stop drawing or to start drawing whenever you change between rinsing and soaping.

I would like to start downstreaming instead of using an xjet for house washing! I have a 3700 psi 4 gpm with 100 ft. of hose machine. What do I need to buy to start downstreaming? Can I use 300 ft. of hose? How much will it cost?

Thanks

Manny

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwD5XvMJD5s]YouTube - Down Streaming[/ame]

you need a 1.8 mm injector for a 2 to 3 gpm machine and you can run up to 300 feet of hose, when running longer hose you always drop down a size on the injector

Edited by Russ Spence

you need a 1.8 mm injector for a 2 to 3 gpm machine and you can run up to 300 feet of hose, when running longer hose you always drop down a size on the injector

That's what happened on my machine. it is 2.8 gpm and it came with a 2.1mm downstreamer and I have to take of the proportioner on that injector and put on a 1.8 mm streamer and now I draw great with 250'

Thanks to all the pros on this forum, my housewashing service is really starting to look up!

A super suds sucker will give you the best draw rate on hose that long without the restriction caused by the smaller sized injectors restricting your flow. You will also need a soap nozzle or larger size tip to reduce the pressure in order to get the venturi in the injector to draw (all downstream injectors function this way). For longer distances you can use a 1/4" hose barb which will allow you to shoot as far as 3 stories.

A super suds sucker will give you the best draw rate on hose that long without the restriction caused by the smaller sized injectors restricting your flow. You will also need a soap nozzle or larger size tip to reduce the pressure in order to get the venturi in the injector to draw (all downstream injectors function this way). For longer distances you can use a 1/4" hose barb which will allow you to shoot as far as 3 stories.

How much are those Paul?

just got a new machine today.

13 hp honda with 4.0 gpm general pump.

It has a built in downstreamer. Last time I had to put on a different downstreamer to draw with a lot of hose and take the proportioner out of the built in injector (that was a pain).

You think I'm gonna have to do it with this general pump? It is a model tx1510a

I've used the ball valve like that quite a few times. It also works great like that in tight spots. A week ago Thursday I was switching back to a split nozzle gun when I got soaked. I had inadvertantly blown the O-ring out of the ball valve's quick connect. It was a wet and humbling experiance.

Another way to Down stream with a different tool.

What type of ball valve are you using.

Thinking a regular plumbing valve but it would still have to hold up to higher pressure when you have it closed, I think.