Sign in to follow this  
gtitan56v8

What kind of Dawn are ya'll using?

what's wrong with ammonia Dawn? ...

Daniel,

I would guess he is concerned with mixing ammonia with SH and producing chlorine gas.

I have been searching for ammonia free Dawn and cant seem to find it...Any advice?

Thanks

Greg,

For wood, we knock down SH to 1.5 - 3%, depending on the severity or lack of mold/mildew. We use the regular Dawn, but just a few squirts per 5'er. Have not been gassed yet, but your mileage may vary.

There's always a concern when mixing incompatible products, but the concern escalates greatly when you're mixing or using in confined spaces,...such as inside. Typically the mixing of bleach and dish liquid isn't an issue,..but always be aware of the dangers when mixing anything!!

Jeff

Since when does Dawn have ammonia in it anyway? You can use other dish soaps if you can't find reg Dawn for Roof Cleaning and House Washing. Try some of the scented Joy dish soaps. they work pretty well also.

Try being a professional and purchasing detergents from manufacturers that purposely make stuff for professional use. Leave the dishwashing detergent for your wife when she does the dishes, or you I suppose if you do the dishes.

"May 11th, 09, 11:22 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I washed the deck today Rick with some of that Arm & Hammer clothes washing detergent with Oxi-Clean - will post pics of it tomorrow after it's first washing of the year.

I'm only mildly convinced that TWP-200 has some potential - but it isn't recommended for horizontal surfaces.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel Tambasco"

Sorry Daniel, Couldnt resist after reading through the "Why im switching to AC" thread.

Anyway, Greg. There is such a small amount of ammonia in any dish washing detergent that you dont have to worry about it.

You dont want to clean you kitchen floor with bleach then pour ammonia on top to see if it will work any better, like I did once.

Another thing to file under the "stupid things Ive done" folder.

I washed the deck today Rick with some of that Arm & Hammer clothes washing detergent with Oxi-Clean - will post pics of it tomorrow after it's first washing of the year.

I'm only mildly convinced that TWP-200 has some potential - but it isn't recommended for horizontal surfaces.

Daniel Tambasco"

Sorry Daniel, Couldnt resist after reading through the "Why im switching to AC" thread.

Anyway, Greg. There is such a small amount of ammonia in any dish washing detergent that you dont have to worry about it.

You dont want to clean you kitchen floor with bleach then pour ammonia on top to see if it will work any better, like I did once.

Hahaha! I did that too in a resturaunt that I worked at when I was a kid. the manager came back there and started gagging. He asked if I was trying to kill myself. LOL...The floor looked pretty Clean though. :)

Try being a professional and purchasing detergents from manufacturers that purposely make stuff for professional use. Leave the dishwashing detergent for your wife when she does the dishes, or you I suppose if you do the dishes.

I used to spend upwards of $300.00-$400.00 per month on House Wash detergents for Down streaming etc... I ran out one day and the wife said here try some Dawn what can it hurt. I never looked back!!! Now I may spend $40.00-$60.00 on Dawn per month and to me it works a lot better than all that fancy soap that is WAY over priced. Dan your a micro mananaging #'s kinda guy...Do the math on that one!

Thanks for all the responses. When Im mixing in 5gal jugs with 6% SH how much Dawn has been found to have the best effect?

I'm kinda a Mr. over do it guy myself. I normally deal with 30-50 gal in my tanks but if I was only gonna use a 5gal I would go with about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Dawn. Mix well and DS... You'll see some great soaping action. Rinse well!

Regular BLUE Dawn can/does put off a strong chemical odor when mived with SH, Apple Blossum (green) Dawn has very little if any odorwith SH, I use TONS of Apple Blossum, it helps on the windows too. I dont like the Blue Dawn. I clear the shelves at 2 Walmarts all the time

I use to use other chems detergents, but on vinyl theres no need for anything else

I love MY Apple Blossum Dawn

I love My Xjet

I love my PM's

I love PWing

I love my wife

I love RT's

I love condos

Jeff

GO *****

I love My Xjet

I love my PM's

I love PWing

I love my wife

I love RT's

I love condos

Jeff

Where have I heard that before?

you forgot Deckster. And.... why condoms?

Daniel Tambasco"

LOL - you got me Jon. That was just for experimenting - I'll experiment with household products - but once I the experimentation is over, I settle on a professional chem for professional day to day use. Or I will mix up a batch of my own chems from basic ingredients - not off the shelf products.

Larry - I disagree, I use Bob's products for house cleaning - and I dont' see how you can get cheaper. Dawn liquid cleaners are just surfactants basically - and in my neck of the woods a surfactant with just bleach is not enough to get a home clean - I need the power of other ingredients such as detergent builders.

Where have I heard that before?

you forgot Deckster. And.... why condoms?

Whats a Deckster:rolleyes:

I only use Condoms when Im with Cindy Crawford:D:banana::lglolly:

Regular BLUE Dawn can/does put off a strong chemical odor when mived with SH, Apple Blossum (green) Dawn has very little if any odorwith SH, I use TONS of Apple Blossum, it helps on the windows too. I dont like the Blue Dawn. I clear the shelves at 2 Walmarts all the time

I use to use other chems detergents, but on vinyl theres no need for anything else

I love My Xjet

I love my PM's

I love PWing

I love my wife

I love RT's

I love condos

Jeff

GO *****

and I love you Jeff!

and I love you Jeff!

LOL How about we stay with "LIKE YOU" LOL

JON, how you been man???? I havent seen to much of you. hope all is great for you!!!!!!! You staying busy?

JON, how you been man???? I havent seen to much of you. hope all is great for you!!!!!!! You staying busy?

Back off Jeff...Jon is mine now! LOL...:D

Youve never seen jeff. Its like seeing lyle Lovitt and Julia Roberts. (me being the beautifull one of course!)

Every time my wife sees Julia Roberts, she says "That poor horse faced woman" so I guess that makes Lyle the beautiful one.