Sign in to follow this  
Rob R.

What to use for hose tie downs?

I tie up my inlet and high pressure hoses with a small piece of rope attached to my reels but looking for a quicker/easier alternative for securing them.. Any suggestions?

Take for example these two cox hose reels the one farthest below is my dilemma with nothing to secure the hoses, the one appears to have the ability to quickly and easily secure the hoses..

1275wc_photo.gif

My Pressure Washing reels have locking pins on them. well at least the 2 for my High Pressure. My chem reel doesn't and I run into the same problem. I just use a bungee cord from the mesh on the side of my trailer and secure it to the handle on my reel. It has never gotten loose on me yet and it's easy to secure and remove. The reels I use are stainless Titan Reels

[ATTACH]12148[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12149[/ATTACH]

post-3757-137772245644_thumb.jpg

post-3757-13777224565_thumb.jpg

Edited by All Surface

My Pressure Washing reels have locking pins on them. well at least the 2 for my High Pressure. My chem reel doesn't and I run into the same problem. I just use a bungee cord from the mesh on the side of my trailer and secure it to the handle on my reel. It has never gotten loose on me yet and it's easy to secure and remove. The reels I use are stainless Titan Reels

[ATTACH]12148[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12149[/ATTACH]

That's a cool lookin' trailer setup. What's the load limit on it?

I just got a new trailer but it's a little shorter and not as wide as your's. Mine is 5' X 10' . I think the gross axle weight is like 2,200 lbs.

I've got a lot of stuff I want to put on mine but don't want to overload it.

It's actually a 6ft 4in by 12ft trailer. I really wanted a 7000lb duel axle but was strapped on funds when I HAD to put this one together at the beginning of the year. My other one was about to split in 2 from years of SH. This one is only rated for 3500lbs. It's been a great rig so far. :)

CoxReels sells those guide rollers separately as 3-way or 4-way assemblies. You might even be able to cobble up something yourself.

Is there a brake on your reel, to keep it from freewheeling? If not, maybe a strap to anchor the rewind crank to something, and secure the hose with the same strap?

On my reels the end of the hose plugs into a fitting that matches the hose, so on a garden hose reel, I have a male end on the bottom of the reel (near that cox sticker in the above picture) and the female end screws onto that. On the high pressure reel, I have a male plug so the end of the hose just clicks right on.

Drill a hole (a step bit is real handy) , find a nut large enough to secure that hose fitting and your done.

weld the male plug of the high pressure hose coupler to the frame of the trailer and it will solve all you probs.

best way by far, if you cant weld it drill and tap, will work for pressure hose and even garden hose, what I am doing right now is just locking the reel and tucking the end of the hose under the previous loop then pulling it tight, stays on great. I still need to weld my fittings on.