Sign in to follow this  
Rob R.

Recipe for gutters?

Question

I am looking for a really good gutter cleaning recipe..I am about to buy some gutter zap from sunbrite but was wondering if anyone had really good results with anything else.. Would like to make more homeowners happy by getting rid of those ugly black streaks..

Also any recommendations on a good gutter attachment for cleaning out gutters?

Thanks

19 answers to this question

x3

I find F-13 to be far superior to Gutter Zap. Gutter Zap works well but it will ZAP your pocketbook because one gallon of it doesn't last nearly as long as a gallon of F-13.

With Gutter Zap you'll be ordering much more and paying more shipping. Go with F-13 and one gallon of it will last probably 10 times longer than Gutter Zap.

Does anybody use or has used Krud Kutter for gutters? Im up here in Northern New Jersey and EVERYBODY has tiger stripes on their gutters. It has been the most difficult task for me. The best I do is fading the stripes out and thats with a brush with an extention pole (trying to stay off a ladder where I can).

Fred

North Jersey Pressure Washing, LLC

www.NorthJPW.com

As long as it is butyl based it should work on the typical gutter streaks. Different products will vary on percentage of butyl,..but they're usually effective as long as there is butyl in the product. Everyone seems to have their favorite. I personally like the Castrol cut into thirds. But temperature will be the determining factor on dilution ratios. Just have to gain experience when judging temperature and how it will effect your job for the day.

Never tried potassium hydroxide based for gutter streaks, but it sounds as though it works also.

Ken, is it ever gonna stop raining here in Pa????? I can do houses, but my roof jobs are stacking up,...guess I'm gonna have to work harder on the nice days if this pattern continues. Using today as maintenance day.

Jeff

Edited by 814jeffw

I use F-13. A quick tip is to mix it up in a bucket with a lid. When you finish one house put the lid on and use that on the next one. Even though it is dirty and nasty looking it still works good. You can do several houses with a gallon mixture.